PDA

View Full Version : Druid Druid Tank - Trying to Optimize Gear Pre-Raid

CleverName
02-16-2011, 04:59 AM
To start off, here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/munging/advanced

As the title states, I am trying to make my gear about as good as possible before I start raiding with my guild. It's an alt of mine, so I'm in no real rush, and I just want to make sure I am on the right path. I have read several guides on here, the wow forum stickies, and EJ, so I am fairly well versed in the theory of druid tanking. Although, each guide I have read has had different opinions on how to gear/gem, and that is my main concern.

I guess if I had to sum it up, I'd like to know if I can improve my gear at all before I start raiding regular mode BoT, BWD and Throne. Also, I'd like to know if I am gemming and reforging as efficiently as possibly. I am not looking to buy the much higher end BOE epics, so keep that in mind when it comes to noting upgrade possibilities, but I definitely have plenty of disposable income to spend on whatever else I would need. I am also currently leveling JC to get the sweet gem bonuses.

If any one has any input, it'd be greatly appreciated. I have never really tanked before, and only hit 85 about 3 days ago, but I have had pretty good results so far and would only like to improve my knowledge of the spec, as well as my own skill level. Thanks for any help in advance, and feel free to give constructive criticism.

CleverName
02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
bump

CleverName
02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Any insight at all?

Katarn
02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Couldn't get to your armory earlier today. That's why its taken me so long to respond.

Try and avoid reforging away from Mastery. Always reforge to Dodge, but away from stats in the following order:

Haste before Hit before Crit / Exp.

Try and get a Heroic Tia's Grace.

Other than that you're pretty much BiS pre-raid except the necklace (better one in Stonecore).

Please, please do yourself a favour and stay away from EJ for Bear information. It's mostly garbage. Track Reesi/Tangedyn on www.theincbear.com (http://www.theincbear.com) for the best info.

For your tank spec, I'd drop FFF Glyph for Rebirth. I've been meaning to do it myself, but I keep forgetting.

Quinafoi
02-16-2011, 04:20 PM
bump

Any insight at all?

You don't have to bump your threads, this isn't the game forums. It's also still the first day and keep in mind not everyone signs in at the same time, or on the same days for that matter. Just because you don't get an immediate response doesn't mean that someone won't read it. It didn't even drop off the first page yet when you bumped this... twice.

CleverName
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
You don't have to reply to my thread either. I'm trying to keep my thread visible because I'm asking a relevant question and would like advice. Is it really that big of a deal?

Quinafoi
02-16-2011, 04:59 PM
You're topic droped to what the 5th spot on the list before you bumped it? I'm only trying to help you be a better participant in these forums. Unnecessary bumping of topics doesn't accomplish anything, you moved it up a few spots on the list when it never even was off the first page of the forum. Why is your question any more important than the few others who posted questions today?

I replied because I'm trying to help you. Help you to become a better forum user. These are the HALP forums after all.

Katzazi
02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
When I look whom to help first, I'll probably look at the number of ansers, first. Because if there are already answers, chances are high that the question was already answerd - at least partly. So bumping does just the contrary to what you want to accomplish.

If other people are getting answers, but you don't getting answers, it's probably not because people are ignoring you. It's maybe because people just don't know the answer. For example because they are not playing a druid. There are much more warriors and maybe paladins here. Druid gearing is way away from the other tanks (or other specs). So it's hard to answer your question cross-class. Sure, people can just give you random answers, but that's not the information you want to get. Give people the time they need to answer your question.

If you don't have the time, you can actually start to look if you can find comparable information. For example there is a bear related threat on the first page in the halp-form. Maybe it cannot answer you all your questions, but it got many replys, so it's maybe worth reading.

CleverName
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Couldn't get to your armory earlier today. That's why its taken me so long to respond.

Try and avoid reforging away from Mastery. Always reforge to Dodge, but away from stats in the following order:

Haste before Hit before Crit / Exp.

Try and get a Heroic Tia's Grace.

Other than that you're pretty much BiS pre-raid except the necklace (better one in Stonecore).

Please, please do yourself a favour and stay away from EJ for Bear information. It's mostly garbage. Track Reesi/Tangedyn on www.theincbear.com (http://www.theincbear.com) for the best info.

For your tank spec, I'd drop FFF Glyph for Rebirth. I've been meaning to do it myself, but I keep forgetting.

Thanks for the info. I have Heroic - Tia's Grace, is it better then one of the two trinkets I have equipped currently? And yeah, I've been meaning to change that glyph but mainly been doing heroics so it's nice to have in those.

Also, have you ever used Rawr? Not sure how accurate it is, but I used that to try and find the BiS pieces. Thanks again.

Katarn
02-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Take Tia's over Leaden. Drop the reforge on the Alch stone.

Rawr is, well, complicated and useless. You have to know what you're looking for and how to configure it to get accurate results. It's also riddled with bugs. Tangedyn has been trying to help Astrylian clean it up, but its slow going.

Use Tangedyn's spreadsheet: http://theincbear.com/bear-mitigation-spreadsheet/

Also, BiS pre-raid list: http://dkkitty.blogspot.com/2010/12/gearing-your-pre-raid-beear-pt-2-items.html

Raid list: http://dkkitty.blogspot.com/2010/12/gearing-your-pre-raid-bear-pt-3-post.html