PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury

Selene
02-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Trying to help out a friend that is a Fury Warrior.

What are the numbers he wants for Hit Rating/Expertise.
What are his stat priority and "rotation"?

With his gear level in theory he should be able to pull a minimum of 10k but he's averaging around 7k.

Thanks!!!

woodyman
02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
hit is arguable, some are saying as much as possible some say stack mastery instead,
expertise is 26 as for the rest. consult the Fury sticky for answers there.

Katzazi
02-16-2011, 05:10 AM
It's just my off-spec so I'm definitly no expert. I'm not sure if they have finished to argue about the stat values after the last quick-fix. But it should look something like the following:

hit to 8% > expertise to 26 > strength > "hit to comfortable rage level" > crit > mastery > hit to 27 > haste

The big question is where this "hit to comfortable rae level" is. To be able to do the core rotation something between 8% and 10% is probably enough. As soon as you are there, there are 2 options to go

- stack crit and mastery to up RB and enrage uptime, or
- stack more hit to get more HS

I'm not sure how well the first option goes with the hot-fix for TG. I've not seen posts about it and I'm not good enough with fury theory or execution to answer it on my own. Before the hot-fix it was the best option to go if you have the gear and are very good with the execution of the priority system.

As far as I've understood it, the second option is again the best for SMF after the quick-fix.

However the differences of both are not far away from each other if I understand it right. The later one is much more error-friendly just because one has more resources to spend.

Even if the rotation is actually based on a priority system, you can do it like this:
- BT on every other GDC
- CS > RB > Slam proc for the other GCD
- add HS when rage is over a given threshold (I'm reading different numbers for this, but it's somewhere around 85)
(only exception: try to fit two HS together with the BT after every CS, but that's a pro concept I never get going on my own)

CS should be used on CD, if nobody else maintains armor debuff it refreches your stacks, too if you use that glyph.

I'm not sure what the theory says when one reach execute range. However a full execute stack should be build, CS should be used on CD. I'm reading different opinions what you do beside of that. You should maintina the execute stack at least. I think how much execute you should use after that depends on your rage levels. But if he only does 7k DPS he's probably not in content that has long execute-phase anyway.

Selene
02-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks!

Selene
02-16-2011, 07:21 PM
oh the 7.5k was in Baradin Hold.

Machoen
02-18-2011, 06:59 AM
My main specc is tank, but I go dps on some fights where one tank is needed. My ilvl as fury is 350. My hit is 11%, 26 expertise. I pull 20k dps on most single target fights, 22k dps on atramedes. The hunters yells: imbalanced.

I think ur friends problem is the rotation.

8% Hit
26 Expertise

klausi
02-18-2011, 08:19 AM
I think ur friends problem is the rotation.
"Rotation" :D

For SMF it's basically hit BT and wait for another BT unless a slam! proccs, yay. Just feels like the most boring thing in the world. Use excessive rage and battle trance proccs on HS instead of RB (due to 3/3 incite it's better) and you're set.

Good about that: very easy to execute, leaving you with much time watching the environment/encounter details

For TG it's RB instead of HS, both are really procc dependant to deal high damage. So BT/RB/BT/Slam! and repeat, weave in CS before a BT/RB/BT combo for the maximum dps output.

general: with 5 Slam! proccs in a row you can dps skyrocket, with 1/10 proccs you'll barely beat those rising ret paladins. That just doesn't feel right but you have to deal with it.. for now.

Regarding stats: if you don't mess up those 8% style hitcap gives you enough rage for the regular rotation and expertise softcap is as important as ever.