PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Best addons for Paladin Tanking

Dernhelm
02-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi, I have been playing WOW since a few months before wrath came out. As Tank I have repeatedly come to tankspot for the vids on mechanics and theory for bosses (BTW.. awesome and so helpful.. thanks). My question is that when I watch the vids I see the bars and addons that you guys are using but often do not know what they are. I am looking to find the best combination of addons and bar configuration to maximize my ability to tank the raid encounters as a pally tank first and foremost and secondly as a Warrior tank. I would love to hear from some of the real vets of vanilla, BC and wrath of what you guys are using. Thanks all. This is site is tops

P.S. I was trying to find if this has been asked before.... if it has I am sorry I couldn't find the thread

P.P.S ok now I found some threads with info. I suck. If you still want to respond.. cool.

Dedic
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
First, I don't think I've seen a single TS vid from a tank perspective. It's usually the healer's UI you are seeing.

As a pally tank, I use a crapload of addons and every one serves a purpose. You should take a day and experiment. I say a day because many need serious reconfiguration to be what you need. However, the most important addons that I use are:

IceHUD, Bartender, PitBull, Quartz, MiksScrollingBattleText, and CT-Buffs

cptwafflez
02-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Make sure you check out Tidy Plates with Threat plates for sure! Must have!

Dedic
02-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Duh, yeah, I forgot TidyPlates -- it's a must-have. Thanks for catching that!

Doc309
02-14-2011, 10:16 AM
check out towlie's UI ... a link can be found in the recent addon identification thread posts.

Dernhelm
02-14-2011, 11:59 AM
my most humble thanks people. Just trying to be the best dang tank I can. Have a good one

Dernhelm
02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Where do I get CT-Buffs? It is not available on curse. I have been to CTMods.. but there are tonnes there. Thanks

Dedic
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I get it from the ct-mods.com site. I think it's in the advanced package, but each package lists what it contains. Either way, you can just remove or disable the ones you don't want. I'm pretty sure you just need CT-Core to run the buff watcher.

There are other watchers out there too, I just prefer the simplicity and format of CT. Check out a few tho, your taste may be different than mine.

Dernhelm
02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
thanks. Another question does Towlie go by another name. I am have trouble finding his message in the addon identification thread. Thanks

Zee786
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Another good add-on is taunt master basically like healbot for taunts however when combined with threat plates u tend just to click on the read one and taunt but handy to have.

theodisius
02-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Threatplates is the main one.

But I also like PowerAuras Classic to monitor Holy Power generation and tell me when I have the three stacks to apply my finishing move. I probably should get it set up to display more stuff - especially holy shield being up.

I found having vuhdo set up so that you can click on the frame of a raid member with aggro and have righteous defence taunt off them was extremely useful for trash tanking.

QuickMark is very nice for, erm, quickly marking up CC in 5 mans.

sifuedition
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
TidyPlates: Threat Plates
Omen
DBM
Zomgbuffs
PowerAuras
Macaroon
VuhDo
Afterlife
Raid marking addon

I feel VuhDo is one of my better "secrets" to tanking. Click casting like a healer makes it much easier to Lay on Hands, Word of Glory, Hand of everything my party/raid.

Doc309
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18300-TowellieesTankUILUI1920x1080WS-Cataclysm.html

here's the link to towelliees version of lui's ui.