PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Video Guide on how to play MM in 4.0.6

Randar
02-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey, I've made this video to reference people to something as I've been getting plenty of questions every day, and I've gotten pretty good feedback about it, so I thought I'd share it with a broader community.

Caveats - I do talk about keeping ISS up all the time, yet I drop a few times - This is my first video whatsoever, so by semi-live narrating and checking all is going like it's supposed to, my focus on correct button mashing drifted away here and there, be merciful :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfGVncSJ6WM

ftblplyr46
02-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Maybe Im missing something, I couldnt tell from video, as Im at work, but was your overall DPS for that? From what I could tell, your only shots over 10k were your AS's. I tried MM for half a dungeon run, and switched back to SV. Between my CS's & ES's, and even auto shots, I have a few more shots hitting over 10k, some even into 20's if I get lucky. I seemed to pull more on SV after the patch. But maybe I wasnt doing the rotation exactly right after the patch on MM, not sure. To me, they seem pretty equal now, as I pulled more DPS in BH than a MM one night, pretty equally geared.

Phrygian
02-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the video.

Randar
02-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Heya,

as of the latest changes to MM, this guide is no longer valid and shouldn't be followed. I'll try to update it in the following days, provided there's no game-changing hotfixes announced again.

Also, for 5 mans, SV will usually provide higher numbers, on trash especially, due to mobs not having enough HP to aimed shot to shine. MM produces high DPS on bosses, since you're in Rapid Fire for a good portion of the fight compared to SV. However, the true power of MM comes in a raid boss enviroment, where the focus is on single target DPS.

As said above, I'll update the guide with the changes promptly.

Xzeraa101
03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Does CS not hit for 22k none crit? that is what i see on my screen