PDA

View Full Version : Tanking ready to raid? (tank)

dabrybry
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey Ya'll. Trying to see if I'm ready to start tanking raids. Guild is starting a 2nd group for 10 mans and I was thinking it would be nice to get in there and progress with some equally geared people. I know I still need to enchant everything and reforge some of my dodge in parry. But one thing I'm worried about is not being anywhere near the 72%'ish avoidance cap and I'm in all 346 tanking gear. Do you think I can reach up to that cap simply with regemming/reforging? *sidenote* enchanting everything tonight, was waiting to do that till i had full decent tanking set** Armory below

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/holdmeclose/simple

Thank you in advance for any help/comments/suggestions ^_^

Vigilant
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
You would get a lot more avoidance + mitigation if you reforged the gobs of hit and expertise you have on your gear into mastery when possible, and into dodge/parry when mastery is already present.

Combine that with a systematic gemming approach of blue: mastery/stam, yellow: mastery (or mastery/stam), and red: parry/mastery (or parry/stam), and you will be in a lot better shape.

Also, throw mending on your weapon if you can find it for a reasonable price, replace your shield enchant with 40 block, and put the proper tanking enchants on your other unenchanted pieces.

Do all this and you will be miles ahead of where you currently are.

Best of luck.