PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior TPS

Ethren
02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Im playing a warrior tank and was wondering:

I do about 15-20k tps on single target occasionally getting it up to almost 30k and was wondering is this average for warriors at my gear level? I've seen some dks bursting at 60k

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/marveck/simple

Katzazi
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Where do you have and see this numbers? Tank tps varies widely according to the encounter. If you get much incoming dmg your tps will be much higher because of high Vengeance stacks, for example.

MellvarTank
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
As far as I know... there is no in-game addon that accurately calculates TPS. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge it doesn't exist.

Bubbba
02-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Omen Threat Meter displays a TPS once it has enough gathered data over time. It appears to be reporting "what your TPS was" as opposed to estimating "what your TPS will be".

The OP's question is well conceived, I (http://wow-heroes.com/character/us/Malfurion/B%C3%BBbba/) am getting complaints as well that my Threat Generation isn't where it should be. My raid leader has asked me to prioritize hitting the soft cap for Expertise then the soft cap for Hit. Primarily because we have a few DPS that are steadily rocking at 14k+ / second and in the first 5-15 seconds of a fight, they can and do pull agro off me. This is seen as a problem because our other tank (DK) never has any issues establishing agro.

I'm fairly certain that I have the optimum prioritization of abilities in place, and that my opening is text book for threat generation. I have a number of items to replace, and my gear progression is clearly not best in slot, but it is the best that has dropped for me so far, and it should be more than enough to get the job done.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ebtiq326vqz7eamr/details/11/ for some more details on what I'm doing.
So, back to the OP's question, any ideas regarding threat generation improvement, and how we determine what is "normal" threat generation?

Katzazi
02-14-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't have threat problems when I don't have to move the target right at the beginning. If you have a DK or paladin they can do stuff on the mob even while it is running to the dedicated position. If you dps start stuff before the mob reaches you, they may pull aggro while they would not have done it with a dk/pala tank. It did happen to me yesterday. But no hit and expertise can help you there.

However for stuff on farm content it's no problem to use some hit items or elexier or trinket. But if you are on progression and you are dropping low now and again (or even dying) I doubt that it's optimal to change over so much ratings to hit and expertise, when peopel could just wait one or two GCDs to open up or push their CDs.

It just depends on what you are trying to do.

Perrian
02-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Omen shoulds TPS ... there is a Recount Addon that shows TPS.... there are variety of addons that show TPS....you can also see it in with logs into WMO and WOL...

Bubbba
02-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Where do you find it in WOL? You can see I provided a WOL link for myself, but I can't seem to find any threat information on WOL.