View Full Version : Tanking I need some advice here
02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Finally got my gear up to the minimum to run heroics, Tried to do a balance between Mastery/Stam,
Some of the healers I have had in the upper normal dungeons have stated they are bored, so I think I am good, or shoud I/Need to change something for heroics? gonna try tonight, when I get home from work.
Thank you in advance
02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
The enchants on your boots,chest,hands,weapon and bracers are awful.
Boots: + 50 mastery.
Chest: 55 stam ench if you cannot afford the upper tier one.
Hands: + 50 mastery.
Bracers: + 50 dodge.
Weapon: Get mending for now, upgrade to windwalk once you have an epic.
Why do you have crit and str gem in your helm?
I am seeing way, wayyyy too many stam gems in your sockets. You're going to get bitch slapped around in heroics with those if you keep them in there.
Edit: Maybe not now that blizz nerfed the shit out of them, but I would still say switch.
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
1) Reforge the expertise on your helm to mastery, not the dodge, and replace the str gem with parry/stam or parry/mastery.
2) Reforge the expertise on your chest to mastery, not the parry, put a 55 stam enchant on it, and replace the stam gem with a mastery/stam.
3) Reforge the hit on your bracers to dodge/parry, whichever is needed, put the 50 dodge enchant on them, if you really want to be optimal, and replace the stam gem with a mastery/stam.
4) Put the 50 mastery enchant on your hands, and replace the stam gem with a mastery/stam, or I suppose a parry/stam or parry/mastery.
4) Undo the reforging on your belt, as threat stats are needless, and replace the stam gem with a mastery/stam.
5) Replace the stam gem in your legs with a mastery/stam.
6) I suppose this one is a little more subjective, but I would recommend putting the 50 mastery enchant on your boots, as warrior mobility is pretty good. I may be wrong on this one, though.
7) Reforge the crit on your ring to dodge/parry, whichever is needed.
8) Another subjective one, but I reforged the parry on my Throngus's Finger to mastery, as it gave me a lot more CTC. But, I'm a paladin, and I know parry and mastery function differently for warriors than for paladins, so I'll leave that up to someone else.
9) Put mending on your weapon, if you can find it at a reasonable price, or anything else really is better, and reforge the hit to dodge/parry, whichever is needed.
10) Reforge the hit on your shield to dodge/parry, whichever is needed.
11) Reforge the hit on your ranged weapon to dodge/parry, whichever is needed.
I think that about covers it, as I see it. Doing this, you will lose some stam, which really isn't a cause for concern, especially in light of the fact that it will greatly increase your avoidance + mitigation, thereby causing you to take less damage, and be way more healable. Long story short, it will make you more optimal for heroics.
Best of luck.
02-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Thank you all for the advice, did my first Heroic, though i wasn't squishy I was massively rage starved
02-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Some of the healers I have had in the upper normal dungeons have stated they are bored, so I think I am good.
I might adopt this as my signature, this was kinda funny.
And this is in no way a pun at the writer either, just funny to me.
02-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Yea, now that i look at it, it is funny,
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Really glad you thought so, after the help I have recieved from here I would never make fun of, or down what someone asked help for.
Bookmark this site as well, the end all know all list of tanking gear (at least to raid status, though he is constantly adding updates) and where to best get it.