PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Valor points.

cptwafflez
02-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Is there a recommended order to buy paladin tanking gear with valor points? Hands first or save up for legs?

Selene
02-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Going for the relic first myself.

Drmarten
02-10-2011, 01:11 AM
It all depends on what gear you already have.

For example there are some gloves you can get from rep so the smartest thing would probably be to get that and then save the points for the legs. If you have all 346 gear you can pretty much choose what you want to replace first. Probably go with what gives you the biggest change straight away tho:)

The first thing to do is to check what you can get from rep and then save your valor points for the stuff that you can't get from rep.

Hope this helps

/Drmarten

cptwafflez
02-10-2011, 01:20 AM
I knew I should have took the time to post my armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/lolipwn/simple

Already have relic, and all heroic gear I can possibly get. I was just wondering if it's harder to get a raid leg replacement vs a hand replacement. Whichever is harder to replace is probably what I would put my valors to.

Drmarten
02-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Well, as far as i can see the rep hands should still be an upgrade for you, so I'd defenately go for those, and then that leaves you with the legs to upgrade.

I don't know what the drop rates and places for gloves and legs in the raids are, but if all it takes to get a glove upgrade is some rep farming then that would be pretty sweet. You'd get some nice shiny gloves and wouldn't have to rely on raid drops:D

cptwafflez
02-10-2011, 01:47 AM
hands from where? I have exalted with everything in cata.

Drmarten
02-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Ahh, that's actually my bad..I thought it was gloves but it was actually wrists, sorry m8:)

theodisius
02-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I think the Tier chest should be the first pick. It is perfectly itemised - mastery + avoidance - whereas the legs are just 2xavoidance. Also, the legs and hands can drop from Baradin Hold, so you may get lucky. I would get the hands second, due to the piece bonus which may be "free" (i.e. not counted in item budget), then the legs.

You've already got the relic; that and the ring are nice but relatively modest upgrades as relics and rings have fewer stats than main armour pieces. Whether they work out as less bang for your VP, I don't know but I suspect they would - especially with the T11 bonuses being free.

cptwafflez
02-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the suggestions anyway D.

Chest piece first, that's what I was thinking too. Just wanted to get a second opinion from someone who probably has more experience.

Stephanius
02-11-2011, 12:00 AM
It depends on what you got from other sources. There are epic wildhammer boots, hyjal cloak, crafted chest, shield and belt.
There is a 333/346 relic drop, but it's only one drop. If unlucky the relic may be a good investment to forget about targetted stone core.

I picked legs and gloves to get the 2pc set bonus next, since shoulders and head require token drops and the crafted chest is - while not perfectly itemized - good enough while you get more points.