PDA

View Full Version : Does this strat seem like it'd work on Halfus this week...

BryceE
02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Raid Comp. would be a pally and bear tank, druid and two pally healers, warrior and rogue for melee and a sv hunter, two arcane/fire mages.

Bear tank would pick up halfus and nether scion while I picked up the whelps and time warden (i'm the pally tank). Or should that be the other way around or just leave out one of the drakes entirely.

DPS burns down the whelps/time warden then kills nether scion while dpsing halfus. Or dps down whelps/time and then halfus and not even releasing the nether scion.

Quinafoi
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Don't bother releasing all three at once. Just release two kill them, then if necessary release the third and kill it. I'd recommend releasing Time Warden and Nether Scion first since they will reduce raid damage by the most (by making Fireball Barage avoidable) and making the boss miss frequently on the tank. Both drakes should be on the other tank. Both combined will hit harder than Halfus alone, but Halfus does hit harder than either of them. Hunter can misdirect the Nether Scion over to the paladin tank who picks up Time Warden right from the start. Once the second of the two drakes is approaching death, then release the Whelps (don't release them as soon as the first dies).

BryceE
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
So I (pally tank) should be tanking both the drakes at the same time then. Then if we need the whelps killed release them.

Quinafoi
02-10-2011, 06:58 AM
That would be my recommendation. Block tank will be more effective against multiple damage sources. Avoidance tank will be more effective against single large damage source. Since two of the three mobs are on one side, makes sence to misdirect Nether Scion over to the other side so that the raid doesn't have to move as much.

marklar
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
i'd actually recommend getting the whelps out initially. their debuff affects both the breath AND the fireballs, so you get double duty out of it.

we just killed him last night and for sure this has got to be the easiest add combo you'll ever see on the fight. we released whelps + the fireball drake right away and burned them both. i asked people with strong AOE to AOE, and everyone else to single target the drake. we actually got the achievement on accident doing it this way. once they were getting close to death, the hunter ran over and MD the final drake to me.

since raid damage is negligible with the two fire adds released, you can assign a dedicated pally healer to each tank with cross beacons and the druid can hot them both up as well. use heroism/defensive cooldowns immediately. sounds like you have an ideal set up, actually.

Pockmark
02-11-2011, 03:46 AM
This fight is a joke on 10 man now(Heroic). We downed him on our 1st try since patch. Before that it was a week of painful wipes all week.

We had druid dk and pallie tank. Whelps + 2 drakes, then we released the Time guy so we could avoid the aoe.

Didnt have mana issues or any deaths. Compared to what it was i dont think half as much planning is needed now.

Good luck!

BryceE
02-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Bear took whelps and released Time when they were about dead. I stayed on halfus. We tried it with me on whelps for my aoe stuff, but the damage was to much on both tanks with nether up. I swapped to halfus and bear on the whelps/time and we just blew it up. Saved hero for halfus and yea.

4200hps as a pally tank ok?