PDA

View Full Version : Tanking No luck in raids

finlay85
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
My guild and I have been trying to down the beinging raid bosses and havent had much luck, we downed halfus two weeks ago and have not had luck sense(last week was ms fury and shadow nova so that was a wash before it began). I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my armory and see if there is anything i could do.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/pallyofraab/simple

klausi
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
You can smooth out incoming damage slightly with reforging for mastery instead of avoidance and gemming for mastery (red = parry/mastery, jc = 67 mastery) but to be fair especially for a paladin it comes down to spam word of glory on yourself, tank with seal of insight over seal of truth and most important: have the raid learn the mechanics of the entry encounters.

I picked 3/3 Rule of Law over 2/2 Grand Crusader and three other major glyphs (loh, crusader, wrath) but that's more or less a matter of taste.

Start logging via World of Logs or the MMOC pendant, go into theorycraft for dps and healing improvements and start analysing wipe by wipe if you're really interested in doing some progress.

Katzazi
02-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Don't know if you are doing it, but as a paladin, you can wipe out a MS stack by bubbleing+cancle aura and fast taunt. It also works with the melee-bubble you can put on others. (I know that there is a debuff applied in between, but you can use it on the other tank. And beeing dead in between also wipes the stack and the debuff. *cough* One of our first kills included this unintentionally.)

Finbarr
02-10-2011, 06:16 AM
What is your group composition? My guild had terrible problems our first four weeks of raiding (only 1 Halfus kill, that was it). This week we went in with a different composition and pretty much steamrolled both Halfus and Magmaw, and managed to down Omnitron and a few trash packs before our time was up.

Speaking for my guild, raid awareness is our biggest issue. To help minimize this, for Magmaw we found it quite easy to have EVERYONE except a single hunter up in the melee group in order to minimize the opportunities for one person with tunnel vision to get wormed and screw everyone over. The hunter would drop a trap and run out of the pillars of flame, then the ranged would just aoe them all down. I solo tanked, just rolling my cooldowns during the Mangle to minimize incoming damage. Easy kill, and the got achievement too.