PDA

View Full Version : Tanking War Academy for Prot warrior?

Kinni
02-08-2011, 05:59 PM
here's my current talent build:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/kinni/talent/primary

and I'm wondering if War Academy is still worth taking. If not, what would be a good replacement? I'm considering either taking Vigilance and the last point of Incite, take Safeguard for raid, or Blood Craze.

Katzazi
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
You are mentioning quite different talents there. Safeguard and Vigilance are utility talents. Get them if you think you would use them. Well however I think Vigilance is very good for raids. In most cases when you tank in a raid, there's another tank getting hit, so you get additional Vengeance for her incoming dmg. And you can taunt nearly whenever you need to. So I would really miss it in my raiding spec. For 5mans it's quite situational.

Blood Craze is again something differnt, because it's about healing. However it's a very underbudgeted talent at the moment. So chosing a talent that buffs your dmg may help the healer more than getting Blood Craze.

The first question is about what you want to have. You cannot compare a dps/tps talent to a utility talent. Same for healing, but you possibly can attach a number to it.

Dmg wise, Deep Wounds is probably better than all options you mentioned. I personally don't think that Blitz is worth it as a utility talent for prot warriors. But that's again your decision.

Kinni
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah I got Blitz mostly for heroics trash. And yeah Vigilance really isn't all that in 5man. I guess my question mostly is that I'm freeing up the 2 points in War Academy and I'm wondering what would fit me the most. I'm currently tanking heroics while dpsing in my raid. Deep wounds wouldn't be a bad idea either.