PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Marmot - Patch 4.0.6

Lore
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
tQuyI1MO1Qc

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/devolore) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/devolore)!

Kazeyonoma
02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
rofl, lady gaga intro.

Daduke77
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
So I played on my hunter for a few hours...didn't notice any big drop in dps. Ran a H DM pug with a fury warrior, and he beat me, but it was close. Still doing around 10k dps overall.

Haven't tried any of my other 85's yet.

Bagnon seems to be my only addon that's broken, hopefully there's a fix for it soon. I really hate the blizzard bag ui.

xlNemesislx
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Not to be THAT guy... but notice how Lore said, if ur a survival hunter and u pull low dps then ur bad. But if ur a ret pally and pull low dps then u just have something to work on. Lol. Great vid keep it up! :P

Daduke77
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Not to be THAT guy... but notice how Lore said, if ur a survival hunter and u pull low dps then ur bad. But if ur a ret pally and pull low dps then u just have something to work on. Lol. Great vid keep it up! :P

Hey, you're right...what gives Lore? lol

klausi
02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
To be fair SV couldn't be more simple. They pull huge numbers without any effort and "rotation" wise there are more or less two buttons you hit more often then every 30s. With ret pre 4.0.6 there were at least 3 different rotations/priority systems depending on which buff is present or not (wings, zealotry and general) and multiple proccs to watch out and throw you completly off if you miss only one global or happening at the same time. In the end ret felt more complex than arcane specc at the beginning of Wrath, anyone remember that mess back then?

Gniew
02-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but how can you say it's good to be a Paladin in this patch? Specifically a Protadin?

HoPo nerf kinda screws us totally - our rotation shattered, and now we're back to TBC, where you would just stand there waiting for cd's, having nothing to press ^^

Scottpoet
02-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Ret's vegas style rotation still bothers me a little, but I like it well enough now to finally want to level my pally. So I guess this patch is a win for me.

clvsutil
02-09-2011, 05:18 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but how can you say it's good to be a Paladin in this patch? Specifically a Protadin?

HoPo nerf kinda screws us totally - our rotation shattered, and now we're back to TBC, where you would just stand there waiting for cd's, having nothing to press ^^

Yesterday I did my Tol Barad dailies (on proc spec) and I have no problems with spells and cooldowns. The only problem was mana: getting OOM quickly.

I will check today the HoPo, thi nerf you mentioned.

kukuluku
02-09-2011, 05:19 AM
i'm a protection warrior and i use heroic strike alot like yeah actualy i do 35% dmg of my total with my heroic strike i think, and i fear my threat is going to be a problem

Myrkur
02-09-2011, 06:58 AM
i'm a protection warrior and i use heroic strike alot like yeah actualy i do 35% dmg of my total with my heroic strike i think, and i fear my threat is going to be a problem

The only time Threat is ever an issue is within the first 8 seconds of a pull. And the stars have to kind of align for people to pull off you during that also. Something like having to pull Halfus way back to not get stacks of mortal strike too soon, while releasing a dragon and your Survival Hunter didn't misdirect and he he pumping Halfus full of lead. After 12 global cooldowns noone should be anywhere close to your threat level thanks to Vengeance.

I've found that the Change to Inner Rage makes up for the damage nerf of Heroic Strike (and the fact that inner rage isn't adding damage to your shield slam, devastate and revenge anymore).

Grumock
02-09-2011, 07:16 AM
I noticed the same thing last night while running HoO. During a boss fight I looked down and saw I was OOM & thought WTF is that. Will try somthing different tonight.

clvsutil
02-09-2011, 08:10 AM
I noticed the same thing last night while running HoO. During a boss fight I looked down and saw I was OOM & thought WTF is that. Will try somthing different tonight.

I'm reading the patch notes and the only thing specifically about mana cost that could affect pally tanking is:
The mana costs of Blessing of Might and Blessing of Kings have been increased by approximately 217%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.

The others 2 spells that consume more mana we don't need to use when tanking (doing a regular combo/rotation): Divine Light, Holy Light.

However, look at these 2 spells:
Crusader Strike weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.
Seal of Truth: All single target attacks (including Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, ...) can now trigger this seal.

This damage increase on CS could be making us spend more mana and also the SoT triggering. We spend mana every time we activate a Seal, right? I will try to check Elitist Jerks when arrive at home for more details. IMO, we are missing something...

Predakhan
02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
All I can say is that thank god I don't pvp. Feral's got absolutely fucked this patch with no compensation at all.

Gniew
02-09-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm reading the patch notes and the only thing specifically about mana cost that could affect pally tanking is:

Might be not all changes are listed. Fx. can anyone show me where Blizzard says anything about Word of Glory not doing any threat?

I was awaiting this patch, but now I kinda feel cheated as a paladin tank.

malkelsier
02-10-2011, 07:20 AM
there was one major change to shammies you missed and that was the fear/tremor totem it got nerfed to the point where it is useless it now only has a 6sec effect time with a min CD and you cant cast while feared,stunned, or sleep which is all the things you might actually need it to prevent

Roarc
02-11-2011, 03:23 AM
I seem to have noticeably lower AoE threat as a prot-warrior. Did they only nerf cleave or has rend gotten an over-look as well?

The Inner Rage change makes some sense but put prot-warriors in a fairly odd seat of spam-a-thon again.

From all I can see, Fury warriors do more dps and more threat now than last patch.