PDA

View Full Version : Warrior SMF vs Titan's Grip - Enrage uptime

Loganisis
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM
With the tweaking to SMF's DPS output to be nearly identical to TG, I'm wondering if for players below Landsoul's level (like myself) if staying enraged becomes a reason for going SMF over TG?

Comparing a 2.6 versus a 3.8 weapon. In the 9 second enraged window, dual 2.6 speed weapons would land almost 7 attacks, giving an effective chance of something like a 19% chance of re-enraging just from melee swings during that enrage [1-(.97^7)].

3.8 would land 4.7 attacks, giving a, at best, ~14% chance of re-enraging during that enrage <[1-(.97^5)], though that is a little generous>.

Is this right? If so, the difference isn't as much as I had initially thought and probably doesn't matter much overall unless you're looking to min/maximize the last 1/2 percent of possible output or so?

Baba
02-07-2011, 01:23 PM
What is the average enrage uptime on a single target boss fight? It feels like it's hardly ever up, but I haven't had anytime to look into my raid logs etc.

Loganisis
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
it has a 3% proc chance and a 9 second duration. It's low. I'm thinking of it more in terms of... will it reduce the need to use Beserker Rage to keep RB active, free it for use on a more targeted basis....