PDA

View Full Version : Druid DPS stuck in the same range.

monini
02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
So I'm not sure if it's me, but my DPS stays stuck at the same range (7.8-8kish). Rarely i would hit 9k. I know my DPS should be higher than this. I did WrathCalc, checked numerous websites and followed their suggestions with stats, gemming, enchants, but I still can't seem to get it past that range.

Can someone please help me lookover my character? Maybe I am missing something or maybe it's my talents or glyphs?

My armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/monini/simple

My rotation is the basic standard: DoTs, starsurge, wrath until lunar eclipse or starfire until solar eclipse.

Thank you in advance!

Quinafoi
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM
You said you looked at WrathCalcs, but didn't say anything about what actual number you "should be doing". That's kinda important to know how far below the bar you are.

Your reforging is fine.

Your gemming is a little off. Yellow you should generally use Reckless cuts rather than Lightning. You should NEVER gem for Hit. Every gem should always be spirit. The only items you should ever have with Hit on it are Neck, Cloak, Off-Hand, Rings or Trinkets. Ideally you would like all your Hit rating to come from Spirit. You should gem those yellow sockets with Reckless cuts instead (Intellect/Haste) and instead consider reforging more to pick up additional Spirit to meet your hit cap. Meta is fine for now, but when 4.0.6 finally fixes the Chaotic, and adds some new variations as well, you will want to go back to an increased critical damage meta.

Spec is probably a little off for your gear level. You should probably consider droping Gale Winds in exchange for some points in Furor to increase your rather small mana pool.

Glyphing is ok. Wrath and Starsurge are kinda a wash right now, after 4.0.6 though Wrath may come out ahead. Focus as another major would also increase your DPS, though you do have to be closer to your Starfall targets. If it isn't absolutely necessary for you to be at max range, or to have max range for a particular encounter, it is better to glyph it. The third glyph tends to flip around more between Rebirth, Roots, and Innervate depending on your particular need. 4.0.6 though will make roots less valuable and most will stick primarily with Rebirth.

Your priorities were obviously skewed by your primary spec since you got Ramkahen rep higher, though you didn't need to go all the way to Exhalted with them (even Feral gains nothing from them beyond Revered). Now you are working on Wildhammer which is by far the highest priority for a caster leather wearer since you get two epics from that single faction. You do need to go back and do more questing in Hyjal as well to get that up to at least Revered for the helm enchant, your only unenchanted item.

One major problem you have right now is your professions. You aren't getting any benefit at all out of them. You need to get that Leatherworking up to the point where you can at least get the benefit of the stronger wrist enchant.

Overall though the biggest flaw I can see is...

My rotation is the basic standard: DoTs, starsurge, wrath until lunar eclipse or starfire until solar eclipse.

If your mixing up your rotation that can cause you to lose considerable DPS. You need BalancePowerTracker (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18000-1.0.4.html), plain and simple. By knowing what your energy will be, rather than what it currently is, you can change what you are casting at the correct time.

Sterbefall
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I'd also add that you should spend some effort into Tol Barad dailies. Until you can afford DMC: Volcano or get raid drops, the Stump of Time is one of the best trinkets you can get.

Spec out of Gale Winds. You don't want to use Hurricane pretty much ever. When AoEing, it's far more mana efficient and damage potent to get to eclipse state (either one), then tab target Moonfire/Sunfire spam while strafing back and forth. Seriously. Put those points into something more useful like Dreamstate, Blessing of the Grove, or Fungal Growth.

Also, it doesn't appear that you are raiding. If you're only doing heroics, you only need 6% hit.

Finally, there is a great deal of subtlety to the correct rotation. For example, Insect Swarm before Moonfire if they are synced (and generally they should be until 4P T11). You should refresh in the last couple of seconds of your dots. You should delay dot refresh if you are within a couple of casts of the next eclipse state.