PDA

View Full Version : DPS Cho'Gall help

Mutlu
02-06-2011, 03:51 AM
So tonight we attempted Cho'Gall for the first time and only got him to phase 2 once. I'm thinking maybe we're not geared enough for the fight the other fights leading up to him are not a problem - we're also up to Nefarian in BWD. The part we have the most problem with is when the little adds spawn from the pools the adherents leave behind. Our raid composition is as follows:

Protection Paladin
Protection Warrior
Holy Pally
Holy Priest
Restoration Shaman
Survival Hunter
Fury Warrior
Assassination Rogue
Demonology Warlock
Shadow Priest

We really struggle at AoE'ing the adds down - don't exactly have the best AoE for the fight and if our melee try to help they draw aggro and gain way too many stacks of corruption.
Any thoughts?

klausi
02-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Survival Hunter
Demonology Warlock

We really struggle at AoE'ing the adds down - don't exactly have the best AoE for the fight
Only misses the frost-dk.. haha.

What's your raiddps on this certain fight? Log running?

If you have problems with the aoe part there's only one real solution, skip as much of them as possible. Either the shaman (preferable) or the holy priest should respecc to dps to reduce the bombing phases by a lot. You'll most likely go from 4-5 adds to 3+blobs. That's 12 adds at max to kill. With the elemental shaman you have a knockback for the adds. Warlock has to save his huge aoe-cd for this phase and the hunter should collect his focus. As soon as they spawn nuke them like hell, even toss in Shadowpriests weak aoe if necessary.

Having only two healer requires more hps (~ 10k each) and further passive assistance from the shadow priest (elemental can toss healing rain after shadow phase) and the prot pala should go into selfhealing mode as well. I managed 3.5k+ hps on my paladin tanking toon this week.

Sifer
02-06-2011, 05:30 AM
With a hunter trap and if needed a rogue with crippling poison on his thrown or the talent Deadly brew that should have the slows covered.

I always thought a Lock had some pretty nice Aoe , the same with a hunter.

Even the prot warrior can help out with a shockwave etc.

We sadly didnt have much practice on 25 man before moving straight onto 25 man so im not sure how going 2 healers would work.

We did drop to 2 healers when Maloriak 10 first came out and that made a world of difference so if your healers can cope then give it a go with the shaman as elemental.

Machoen
02-06-2011, 06:28 AM
so im not sure how going 2 healers would work..

They have 3 healers.

Sifer
02-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Read the post above mine please.

They suggested going 2 healers.

Sebadoh
02-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Assassination Rogue

We really struggle at AoE'ing the adds down - don't exactly have the best AoE for the fight and if our melee try to help they draw aggro and gain way too many stacks of corruption.
Any thoughts?

Tricks them to the tank?

Giliandrix
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Pretty sure the adds have preset aggros on random raid members.

Sebadoh
02-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Pretty sure the adds have preset aggros on random raid members.

Ah. See this is why I shut up and heal :-)

Giliandrix
02-06-2011, 08:59 AM
We got him to 210k on Thursday...I was rather upset about that wipe :(.

Sifer
02-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Quick note where did you tank the boss in the final phase Giliandrix?

Tell the tank to drag the boss to very side of cho'galls throne and close to a wall.

This spawns the adds pretty much in one place and makes the phase soo easy compared to the adds all being spread out.

Tricks may well be an option for the add problem the OP had.

We have had melee pull aggro on them and get a stupid amount of stacks.

Thats what happens when you take a dps warrior that likes to play arms and bladestorm them down, after he gained a stupid amount of corruption he decided it was a bad idea.

Not sure if this is possible but if they do have an aggro table. I wonder if a pet can have them MD'd to it and effectively tank them since I doubt it will gain corruption stacks like a player.

Giliandrix
02-06-2011, 09:42 AM
That's exactly where we tanked him, but it's still RNG I feel, the tentacles can spawn in a circle around Cho'Gall and a lot of times we were running out of the raid to DPS them. Oh well, bad luck for us! :(. Hopefully we'll get him on Monday.

Mutlu
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
So we changed up the raid comp a bit got rid of the Shadow Priest - who went on his alt as the OT and we got the Prot warrior to go on his Frost DK - had no problem with adds after this. Got Cho'Gall down to ~4mil on our 2nd attempt with the new comp. Seems we were lacking a lot with the AoE or DK's just OP atm with Howling Blast.

As mentioned the rogue did tricks to the tank however they do have a preset aggro so didn't really help.

Do you think it possible with two healers? Myself (Holy Paladin) and the Holy priest usually do ~10-11k HPS might get the shaman to go elemental and give that try tonight, having the extra dps would really help during the burn phase.