PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Protection Paladin Heroic Geared?? Help needed

Verita
02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Ok guys and ladies, please critique me. I'm having horrible trouble in heroics. I do realize I still have 2 greens, but was hoping it would be offset. I take massive damage. I have been trying to follow the new way...hit>expertise>dodge>parry, but I think I have done something horribly wrong.

I'm fine in Non heroics.....I couldn't even hold threat a few minutes ago in the trash in HoO. Of course, no one cc'd or nothing. I asked ready, no one answered so I went. But still, I don't think it's them, I think it's me.

Any and all criticism is welcome. I want to be the best tank I can be, but if I can't run heroics, I can't get geared. See the dilemma?

Thanks much in advance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/samatina/advanced

cptwafflez
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
If you are following hit>expertise>dodge>parry then that's why you are failing god awfully. Hit and expertise don't mean shit. Dodge and parry are avoidance, which is what you want...

General guidelines for threat generation and rotation here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFywn8m6ZY

I do everthing listed there, minus the inquisition in the rotation, simply cause I don't need it to hold aggro. Avoid using consecration assuming you ddin't spec for it and are also not using insight seal during tanking.

klausi
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM
It's hit=expertise<dodge=parry<mastery.

And if there's no cc stun and other stuff will fly around hitting everything, dps not targeting the right target and so on. Your gear is fine, you're almost ready for raiding at this point. So it must be you, either forgeting about righteous fury after dying or not hitting the right buttons.

Verita
02-05-2011, 03:41 AM
So I need to reforge my hit into dodge and parry then? My rotation is fine, righteous fury was on. I've studied the rotations like mad, my problem is damage taken really. Not sure what happened with the threat. I was in Lost City with no threat problems, same gear as the other night. However, tons of damage.

I'm really confused on what I should be putting my reforging into first here. Should I go for Dodge?

Fetzie
02-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Go for whatever you have less of when buffed with kings and battle shout/horn of winter/strength of earth totem. Either dodge or parry. If an item has no mastery, that has priority though.

klausi
02-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Mastery is highest priority, if the item doesn't have it reforge. Then look for dodge or parry. Reforge to what's lower to bring them on par.

Damage taken isn't greatly determined by 3% more avoidance, it's about proper handling the pulls. Do you CC the most nasty guys like the plaguespreaders in Tol Vir? Interrupting GREAT BEAM OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION? If not, do you use at least one cooldown on every pack? I tank with insight and toss in as many word of glory as possible to further smooth out the incoming damage, do you? It's a buffer of at least 1.500 hps in heroics.