PDA

View Full Version : HALP!! "Vet" Holy Pally Turns Prot and Looks a Fool!

Torojon
02-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey guys! First off thank you for all the help and please don't worry about hurting my feelings! Tell me like it is. I truly want to become a better tank for myself, my dungeon partners and my guild! I have only been tanking for a few days and never tanked Pre-Cataclysm. I was always Holy and Ret throughout my WOTLK Experience. Please take a look at my gear and spec and Halp with whatever you see that needs to be changed. Also I need help on Reforging, what needs to be reforged and to what. Also having trouble keeping aggro at times so what spells and seals should I concentrate on? Thank you all very much and I can't wait to read all of your advice!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...torojon/simple (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/torojon/simple)

Thanks,

Torojon

Kazeyonoma
02-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Moved to HALP! forum.

dieuglydie
02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't tank with a pally, but the little I do know about them mastery is king, after you get your dodge and parry to a desired level. That includes gemming for it. Tanks, even my druid, no longer gem for it. To many threads to link to prove that. Gemming stam to meet a socket bonus is ok, but everything aside from the 1 mastery gem that you have, everything is just stam. No longer do we need that little bit of stam to survive the second hit. If you are taking a 100k hit, it means either somebody missed an interupt or you were standing somewhere you shouldn't have been.

Torojon
02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
So remove the Stamina Gems for mastery? Also what should I get my dodge and parry to? Any and all help is not only welcomed but much appreciative guys!!

cptwafflez
02-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Mastery Mastery Mastery. Reforge into dodge/parry if mastery is already of a piece of gear. If not, reforge highest stat on that piece to mastery.

Torojon
02-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I am having problems keeping aggro sometimes and need some help. I apologize to everyone who has tried to help so far but couldn't do to the fact that I had my ret gear and spec on. I'm now in my tanking gear and would appreciate any advice you all can give me! Can anyone review my character and let me know if there is anything i can do to optimize my pimpadin. :cool:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...torojon/simple (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/torojon/simple)

**Torojon**

Doc309
02-06-2011, 07:23 PM
couple of suggestions

spec- points in Judgements of the Pure, Seals of the Pure, and hallowed ground are better spent in eternal glory, guarded by the light and divine guardian

gems- replace stam gems with mastery gems

simplified 939 tankadin rotation: ( use every GCD )
single target-
CS, +1 Holy power, Judge
CS, +1 Holy power, AS (replace as needed with holy wrath if no grand crusader procs)
CS, +1 Holy power, Shield of the R (spend the holy power)( or Word of glory if you need extra heals)

3+ targets ( bit messy since the CDs don't line up nicely )
HotR, +1 holy power, Consecrate
HotR, +1 holy power, Holy Wrath
HotR, +1 holy power, spend it, SotR on skull (WoG if heals needed, or inquisition for extra holy damage on HotR and HW)
HotR, +1 holy power, AS (everything above is still on CD)
HotR, +1 holy power, Holy Wrath
HotR, +1 holy power, spend it, SotR on skull (WoG if heals needed, or inquisition for extra holy damage on HotR and HW)
HotR, pop things as the come off CD, don't forget to work a judgement in there.

Once you get the rotations down after the first couple of seconds no one should be able to pull off you.
This is why most tankadins don't worry so much about hit and expertise.

Combined with Huge threat leads from vengeance a lot of tanks run with Seal of Insight. ( or change seals after a couple of seconds )
every little bit helps preserve healer mana ... As does effective use of Word of Glory.

Hopes this helps...
I most am just rehashing what ive read here and on maintankadin...

death123
02-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Ok so first things first. without looking at your spec and gear, ill just touch on some basics. If your going to be tanking raids, the first and most important thing is going to be threat. It is very important to try and get somewhere near your hit cap of 8%, and expertise as close to 26 as you can. This is very important, because if you miss a shield bash or other big threat hit, at the start of an encounter, you are very likely to lose aggro.

After you are content with your threat, you want to reforge mostly into mastery. However I dont gem all into mastery. I use quiet a few stamina gems, this is because some boss encounters, hit very hard, and its important to have a good hp pool. However after you are in all 359 gear and taking on heroic mode, it is important to raise your mastery very high.

Illidra
02-07-2011, 05:53 AM
[Ok so first things first. without looking at your spec and gear, ill just touch on some basics. If your going to be tanking raids, the first and most important thing is going to be threat. It is very important to try and get somewhere near your hit cap of 8%, and expertise as close to 26 as you can. This is very important, because if you miss a shield bash or other big threat hit, at the start of an encounter, you are very likely to lose aggro.

After you are content with your threat, you want to reforge mostly into mastery. However I dont gem all into mastery. I use quiet a few stamina gems, this is because some boss encounters, hit very hard, and its important to have a good hp pool. However after you are in all 359 gear and taking on heroic mode, it is important to raise your mastery very high.

wrong.

sorry but someone needs to get out of wotlk mode.

unless you are in a 10 man, where the ONLYY PERSON IN THE WHOOOOLE RAID with an interupt is you, you need a total of 0 hit and 0 expertise.

tell dps to give you 2-3 gcd's by then vengeance will be high enough no one will rip off of you.

blue socket : mastery stam
yellow socket: mastery
red socket: mastery parry.

try and get gear that has - dodge mastery or parry mastery these are the best.
dodge parry is good - just reforge one of them to mastery.

try and keep dodge and parry roughly even as this will net you the largest gain in avoidance.