PDA

View Full Version : Healing Heroic Healing Gear Check!

Valathon
02-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey guys just wanted to know if my Holy Pally was ready to start doing some heroics, since I could use some valor points.Here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/valathon/simple

Valathon
02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Still need a reply!

Errvalunia
02-03-2011, 12:06 AM
1. Enchant your gear
2. Gem your gear

YOU are getting
+315 Intellect
+105 Spirit
+50 Haste Rating

And I am getting
+505 Intellect
+264 Spirit
+150 Haste Rating
+140 Crit Rating
+25 Mastery Rating
Hurricane, Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond

(in my ele gear, which is a mix of my resto gear and other lower-spirit gear to hit the spirit cap)

I am getting 1084 points of various stats from my enchants/gems vs your 470; that's a lot of stats for very little work of running heroics etc. And then there's the weapon enchant!

Anything 346 should have blue-quality gems and Cataclysm enchants; EVERYTHING should have green-quality gems and basic enchants, either whatever you can get from your gbank from people leveling enchanting, whatever's cheapest on the AH, or even WotLK enchants if you really literally can not buy decent enchants.

If you can't even enchant or gem your gear, you're definitely not ready, and you're not worth the time for people to try and help you find better gear.

Valathon
02-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice. I already got a headstart on working towards more rep gear, and enchanting everything I can. Is it still good to gem for pure int, or is it better in cata to get socket bonus?

Chronicsmoke
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
alot of people say to gem pure int but i personally use 40int for red or prismatic slots, int/spirit for blue slots, and int/haste for yellow slots

Quinafoi
02-03-2011, 10:44 AM
No one mentioned your professions either. You are way behind on your professions and need to get those to the point where they actually provide their benefit (i.e. Blacksmithing you need to get to the point where you can add sockets to your gear). A profession isn't just something you have, it is something that provides a buff to you, neglect that and you lose out on an advantage.

Gear wise you are ready to start heroics. Skill wise I do not know.

Easy upgrades. Get them. For example, if you have enough honor accumulated to buy PvP bracers, even with wasted stat points on Resilience, a 352 rare PvP item will be better than your 318 green. Similarly, a PvP relic would also be an upgrade for you if you have the honor sitting around. You are honored with Therazene and can go and buy at least the weaker shoulder enchant.

Quinafoi
02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
You also decided to buy your legs and neck piece with Justice Points, I would have recommended getting your helm first. A helm because it provides a meta socket will be a larger upgrade. Neck piece you will get an epic when you get around to working on Wildhammer reputation. Legs you had two heroic dungeon alternatives as well.

Valathon
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I really neglected blacksmithing because the lack of time and money, but I will try to focus more on that.I just bought both PvP bracers and relics and brought my iLvL to 340. I'm still enchanting and socketing everything I can get. Still running a few norms for rep, and just hit 80K mana. What justice points and valor points item should I get next? Are there any healing requirements/recommendations for heroics? Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated!

Quinafoi
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Provided you are skilled enough you are well beyond the starting point for heroics. I can not speak to how skilled of a healer you are, only you can. At 340 item level though you can already start looking at getting started in raiding (though in raiding you should have your profession buffs and everything enchanted/gemmed).

Healing required is directly proportional to damage taken. Since crowd control, interrupts, and not standing in fire, can greatly reduce healing required it can have a wide range from 2-3k healing just on a tank to 7-10k healing on the party. It largely depends on the context. Healing can either be trivial and the most boring thing imaginable, or you can be burning all your cooldowns every pull and running out of mana each time.

I can not speak to the quality of player you are or the quality of players you group with.

Theotherone
02-03-2011, 01:04 PM
With some gemming/enchanting you should be okay for heroics - they'll by no means be a lol faceroll, but you can do it in your gear. My Disc priest is ilvl 337 and heals heroics just fine. But you'll find a lot of it is group dependent - if you have a group of dps who just feel that it's plain rude for them to miss out on all the avoidable damge, you'll have issues, but if the group plays smart you'll be fine.

Valathon
02-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm back to report that I am new and improved with even better gear! Saved up a lot of justice points just in case, but what should I get first with my valor points?

Quinafoi
02-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Set pieces are typically a good investment however take a bit of time to get points for until you are raiding a bit. Also in that regard, set legs and gloves could drop in Baradin Hold saving you considerable Valor points. If you want something cheaper to get, the Relics are all best in slot because no relics drop in raid or heroic raid content (so the 359 epic relic you can buy is the best PvE relic).

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.11?filter=minle=359