PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Marksmanship Hunter Rotation???

b.chasehorn
02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Please post a nice guide or at least a shot rotation for MM Hunter. I would also like to see what the best spec is too.

Kazeyonoma
02-01-2011, 10:47 AM
pretty sure survival is top dps right now, no clue on rotation.

Theotherone
02-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Survival is top dps; but in the next patch they want to bring BM and MM up sooooo - Survival is getting the nerf bat, something like 25% damage reduction to Exp Shot or Cobra shot I forget which. That said, there's a bug that prevents haste from scaling and they're fixing it; this will benefit Cobra shot; also I think Aimed shot will get a shorter caste time and there are some other slight buffs to MM and BM.

I played with MM for a bit and did not like it at all - seemed that SS was falling off before I could get a Chim Shot off - focus starving really punishes MM IMHO.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/ has some good guides for all three specs.

klausi
02-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Rotation: hit respecc to second specc (hopefully sv)..

*giggles*

regulary priority system
1. chim
2. killshot
3. two steady in a row to keep hastebuff up (improved steady, regulary you want to shot at ~4s buff left)
4. aimed shot (master marksman procc)
5. arcane shot
6. single steady

And don't forget about readiness and rapid fire.

specc (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cchcZfMGMGoMuroz:VzkMV0Mz0), depending on your gear 2/3 pathing might be better than one with nature 3/3. Same is about killshot vs chimaera glyph.

Krenian
02-02-2011, 07:27 AM
What Klausi said is pretty much dead on.

If you want to have a rotation, this is what I normally use:

Open up with Serpent Sting, then Chim, Steadyx2, Arcanex2, Steadyx3, Chim. If by the time you get to chim you still have a lot of focus, shoot another Arcane shot.

Right now, Aimed Shot when at the top is not worth immediately shooting off when proc'ed. Wait till the end of either your arcane shots or your chimera shot to use it.

Kill shot takes precedence over any other shot when you hit 20%.

A good combination with great burst potential and Misdirect hate is the following:

Open up with SS, Rapid Fire, Chimera Shot, Readiness.

This refreshes your Chimera Shot from CD and you can shoot one off immediately. You should have enough time to shoot an Arcane Shot as well before Misdirect is done. That alone is a lot of damage in one shot and will really give your tank some hate. Once you're done, immediately get Steady Shotx2 Done and shoot Arcane shots, trigger off your Rapid Fire once more when the first one is done, and you got 20 seconds of pretty much silly fast shooting of stuff to do. When the 3 minute cd is back up from Readiness (Or is it five, I forget..), repeat this for the burst damage, or keep it then.

Note to you: Don't rapid fire during Heroism/Bloodlust. Not worth it.