PDA

View Full Version : Mage Keeping DPS Up

.Human.
01-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Hey Guys ,

im playing a mage | FIRE specc | When it goes on single target DPS i start up with Scorch , further i let procc the Pyroblast and before i cast the blast i push it up with Combustion and then Impact.

After the starting rotation i go with Fire Orb, Living Bomb , Fireball , 4 x Scorch , Fireball so i can set Living Bomb on the tartget right after the exlposion.

My Question is now, how can i keep up the starting DPS , which is allmost 20K Dps all over the fight ? cause it always goes down to almost 14 - 15 K. Or is this just normal ? :cool:

Devistius
02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
That's normal because you're spreading combustion which is a huge dps increase... especially with a lot of mobs.

Loganisis
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Starting rotation includes CDs that aren't part of the standard rotation because of their length?

Quinafoi
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Also keep in mind... A COOLDOWN IS PORPORTIONAL TO ITS DURATION.

If I do say 100,000 damage with Starfall, and only fight for 10 seconds... Starfall alone is 10,000 DPS.
If I do say 100,000 damage with Starfall (which is a 1 minute cooldown), and the fight lasts 60 seconds... Starfall alone is 1,667 DPS (I could still only do this ability once).

If a fight only lasts 40 seconds, and Heroism/Bloodlust/TimeWarp is active for 100% of the time, naturally you are benefiting more from this ability than if it were a 10 minute fight where you would have the debuff preventing it from being used again. That buff which was 100% of a fight, is now only 6.67% of the fight.

On average (over infinite time), the benefit of cooldowns trend towards their damage divided by the cooldown duration.