PDA

View Full Version : BFF Report - RIFT - Warfronts (PvP)

fony
01-28-2011, 03:34 AM
hMZwgp%2B%2BWgA%2Em4v

RIIFFTT

Click here for more episodes of the BFF Report! (http://www.zam.com/bffreport)
Follow Zam (http://twitter.com/zamofficial) and me (http://twitter.com/akamikeb) on Twitter!

Bitur
01-28-2011, 04:37 AM
I play WoW and have been playing Rift a little since last Tuesday (thanks for the key, Zam.com).

First off, I LOVE the UI customization. Blizzard should definitely steal that feature.

Also liking the character creation process. Though, honestly, most of the subtle changes really aren't visible in-game unless you're REALLY looking for them.

I'm only level 9 so far so I'm not sure how I feel about souls yet. It's a good idea... but it seems like you end up with a bunch of similar abilities from different souls and many abilities you'll never end up using. That might change, though. Like I said, I'm only level 9 at the moment.

Rifts? Just annoying really, and over way too fast. I'm only level 9, by the way. But I keep getting the same rifts, with same rift mobs/quests/boss and the rift "boss" seems to die just a second or two after I manage to target it. Probably better at higher levels, I'm guessing...

That's my Rift experience so far.

Macar
01-28-2011, 05:50 AM
I have not played it, but I have read a lot about it and watched different videos on Youtube and Rift web site. The game looks really promising.

Mačl
01-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Well, PvP doesn't seem to be simply tucked on as in WoW. I miss my Warhammer :(

Sounds nice.

Predakhan
01-28-2011, 10:14 AM
I got the beta a few days ago and have been playing a bit the last few nights. I am only level 11 so I haven't progressed enough to even go into a dungeon yet but from what I see so far it has a TON of potenial. I think the biggest draw will be the ability to customize your character with the various souls etc. This will lend itself well to those people who like to try different builds.

At first when I went to make my character I little disappointed you can only pick warrior, rogue, cleric or mage. Then when you do pick one you have 8 choices from there. So my disappointment turned around pretty quick and found it hard to pick a starting sub-class (which is a good thing to me to have that many choices).

I am hoping I can level fast enough to at least get into one of the instances and try a dungeon before the beta closes.

Visually I am liking it more than the cartoonish look of WoW but the characters all kinda look the same, maybe because I am so low level and all of us are wearing the crappy quality gear. I think a few more races for each faction would help with that.

edit: I do wonder how they will balance things considering all the different combinations with the subclasses

Kahmal
01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Lol "Heroic Leap Style Function that Actualy Works!"

lostplotman
01-28-2011, 06:28 PM
yes indeed it does. and this game is absolutely great. love playing it more than wow... thats saying something. the games style is very similar to wow and i think the skill/talent system is more improved than wow. haveing 3 different "trees" you can access and once points are put into it u get more skills to use is great. havent tried the pvp system yet. still lvl 15 so got some work to do. Mike, u wanna do one on pve stuff? be nice to see what i gotta look forward to in raids and dungeons.

Maverickroll
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
I cried a little when I saw how heroic leap, or whatever variant it is, Rift has but WoW's version is broken as hell :( sigh..

Squirrels
01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
edit: I do wonder how they will balance things considering all the different combinations with the subclasses

That is my biggest fear also

phillosopherp
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I have been in on the Rift action, and the Riftdrawls (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=riftdrawls) and I must say that not only am I loving this game, but that it is so damn polished in beta that it can't have anything other then the best release for an MMO ever. The instances have interesting mechanics, the open world stuff is interesting (though I personally agree with an earlier post that they should be longer), and the game just feels great! If you have yet to get into a beta, you suck because the keys are now everywhere) get in and experience the next great MMO! (and no it doesn't have to be a WoW killer, the two games can exist in the same space, but I do feel it might take some marketshare.)

MoodyMegadeus
02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
What exactly IS that "heroic leap-style" ability? I have Bull Rush Charge, and I know some of the others, but what in the world is he using? IF any of you know, it would be a big help. Thank you so much! I kept replaying the clip but I can't pick up on it.