PDA

View Full Version : Druid Taking too much damage tanking

Dectavin
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and new to tanking so please correct me if I do anything wrong. I am trying to tank heroics and then progress to raids, but can only make it past the very easy heroics. I feel I am taking way to much damage and that healers have a hard time keeping me up. I have all 346 items except for 1 trinket,Ive reforged all the haste and other attributes according to Rawr to dodge and have followed steps on Elitist Jerks for tips on what to do, but still i drop pretty quickly in most heroics. I read on a forum that you need 450,000 survival soft cap and i fall below that at 393528 (Rawr stats) and have 475828 mitigation. I am currently not in a guild that raids so as far as upgrades my only options for gear would be different heroic gear. I would be greatly appreciative of anyone who could give me tips on how I can raise my survival/mitigation and anything im doing wrong.Thank you for any help - US|Haomarush|Alliance|Dectavin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/dectavin/simple
Armory Link ^

Fayre
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I haven't tanked as a bear for a while, so I can't give you any specific advice, though to my untutored eye your gear looks more than adequate for heroics. You have a few cheap enchants missing - chest, gloves, etc. you could fix up, but largely I think you're on the right track.

Where are you finding trouble? Are you making adequate use of CC on multi mob packs? How geared are your healers?

Dectavin
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Healers have been decent, CC I try to use alot , though i have trouble sometimes knowing which ones to cc and which ones not to in certain heroics but know to cc casters and pull the melee.

insanebinn
01-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Right now druids take a lot of dmg when tanking multiple mobs due to low armor, having only dodge and relying on savage defense procs. So continue to cc as much as possible. If your not sure what to cc, ask :) I am sure you can get some help. If you end up tanking multiple mobs make sure they are infront of you so that you will have that chance to dodge them.

Gear:

Cloak - exalted hyjal - wrap of the great turtle, If you have gold dory's finery
Neck - revered hyjal - acorn of the daughter tree, will give you mastery over ur hit increases ur surv.
Gloves - exalted dragonmaw- Liar's Handwraps
Ring - JC crafted - elementium destroyers ring, if you would like some more stm
Trinket - Heroic stonecore - The heroic version of your leadins despair
Enchants - Leather worker - Heavy Savage Armor Kit, if you want more stm on gloves and boots
- exalted therizan

Hopefully this can help you out a bit, If you want to check out my character for some possible ideas or just to look and compare
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/omegawhoopin/simple here is a link for you GL :)

Timberton
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Your mistake was going for Rawr recommendations blindly-->wrong gemming/enchanting for intended difficulty. If you are not looking into going endgame/ hardmode raids, you have no business gemming and enchanting stamina.

switch all your stamina gems to "delicate" +40 agility ones, except 2 "regal" 20 dodge/30 sta that will be used: 1 in helm, 1 in pants. This is done to activate meta and get best possible socket bonuses.

Switch your enchants to: agility-> stats on chest, dodge on bracers (but do enchant sta/run speed on boots), 240 armor on gloves is good. Get agility/mastery shoulder enchant, and consider agility enchant on helm (I'm still using sta one myself cuz I need a bit of extra stamina for some raids and my helm ain't 359 yet)

Always use CC, you can start the pull by throwing your roots down on a melee, roots will break about the time when the first melee add of the pack is killed, further minimizing dmg intake.
I'd change out glyph of frenzied regeneration, I found it more valuable to have a good self heal than 30% more incoming heals. I'd get thorns glyph instead so that you have thorns available on each pull if you want to use that thing.

Dectavin
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
thanks for all the advice