PDA

View Full Version : Cho'gall as a Boomkin

wally
01-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Anybody else do Cho'gall as a Boomkin? I'm having a little trouble with my dps. I'm only pulling about 10k tops even on the adds. I normally can pull about 13.5k standing still on a targeting dummy, but between dpsing the boss and switching to the adds I seem to lose a lot.

Here is a link to my armory. I know I am capable of doing more. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazjatar/w%c3%a0lly/advanced

klausi
01-27-2011, 05:15 AM
For the bigger adds they use multidotting, that's where owls really shine. Just checked, both of our owls manage 15k dps over those roughly 8 minutes fight and don't bomb the blobs while wearing similiar gear but going for haste instead of mastery (+5% and +7% haste over you), aiming for certain softcaps with and without dark intent on their dot-ticks.

wally
01-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Ok so I forget about hurricane altogether? Just dot them up and spam moonfire when shower is stacked? What about the mushrooms? There is some lag time between the bloods spawning and the adherent dying. Do I take that time to set them up? And do I need to remove my focus glyph for this fight? On the 3 targeting dummies, standing still of course, I'm getting 12k dps when I'm using starfall, mushrooms, doting then spamming.

klausi
01-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Ok so I forget about hurricane altogether?

and don't bomb the blobs
While casting hurricane you will be out of mana in no time, you can toss it in on the last bombphase to help the other player if you're getting overwhelmed.

You don't need mushrooms either. Hit starfall when the blobs are nearby (last wave) and on the tentacles and that's about it. Starfire, Wrath, Insect Swarm, Moonfire and Starsurge should be the majority (80%+) of your damage, use sunfire while on the run and use typhoon if the blobs are coming to close.

wally
01-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Ok so multi-dot the blobs then just single target them down.

*edit* Ok, I got it that does a lot more dps when I multi-target these dummies.

klausi
01-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Not multidotting the blobs, that doesn't make any sense. Multidotting Cho'gall and the spawning corrupting adherents. Your target needs to be alive long enough so that the gcd/cast of the dot pay for itself.

Rudolpho
01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Our boomkin always just used the mushrooms to help slow down the adds and starfall to do dmg to them. He would regularly hit 15k+ dps on the fight.

wally
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Not multidotting the blobs, that doesn't make any sense. Multidotting Cho'gall and the spawning corrupting adherents. Your target needs to be alive long enough so that the gcd/cast of the dot pay for itself.

Well that has been part of our problem is that the blobs are staying up over 18 secs after the 2nd group.

Illidra
01-31-2011, 01:58 AM
Well that has been part of our problem is that the blobs are staying up over 18 secs after the 2nd group.

Then your other ranged are likely doing it wrong. even on group 3 it shouldn't take ove 18 seconds to kil them all

wally
02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the advice. We got him down tonight pretty easily.