PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury warrior after soft cap on hit/exp, what to do?

Kinni
01-26-2011, 12:43 AM
So I'm currently at 12.55% hit and 26 expertise. Should I move my hit down to soft cap 8% and get str/crit/haste or should I keep on stacking hit? Which gives me more damage output? Thanks.

klausi
01-26-2011, 01:10 AM
Reforging: two routes possible actually, either going for hit or crit (Flurry!)
Gems: Strength down the road, pick up socket bonus with str/hit or str/crit

Kinni
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Should I reforge down the hit back to just soft cap? Is there any theorycraft on the hit/rage generation versus crit/flurry yet?

Loganisis
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM
It seems 13% or so hit is about where you want to be, with a higher rate of crit. The amount of hit you'll need is going to vary based on raid and enchants.

Have a DK with Imp Icy touch or a I think it is Surv Hunter - you won't need as much hit to maintain the same approx level of rage generation (10% faster swings). Can't afford landslide, so have Hurricane on your weapons? A proc of that is almost as good as a Flurry proc I think (I tired testing it by watching wep speed and procs and it seems ~same, I think 3.8 goes to 2.78 with Fulry and 2.88 with a Hurricane proc?).

Don't ever gem/gear/reforge into haste. Hit is always going to be worth more than haste if you're choosing between them.*

(*not strictly true, after 28% haste, haste has better returns than hit for rage generation per %, so for rage generation trading 1% hit for 1% additional haste when you have at least 28% haste, will result in *slightly* better rage returns per % - but it will increase the possibility of 'dead rage zones' where you have multiple misses in a row, resulting in dead zones... and 28% is rediculously high)

So the answer for how much hit you should have is really 'depends'. It's going to depend on your raid makeup, your enchants, and your crit (Flurry uptime).