PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Ret DPS is based on luck?

dagimp007
01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I am a prot pally... been prot for ever. i recently switched guilds and am the OT so i go ret when we only use 1 tank for fights. i been noticing that my dps 1 sucks compared to everyone (could just be i am not use to it) and 2 is a big mystery on how well you do. sometimes i can do ok dps. is this normal or is there something i am missing... i stick to the max dps rotation .

Netheras
01-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Ret DPS is behind for a lot of reasons. Next patch will sort it out, but for now there isn't much to say. Keep up with the discussion on the Ret related threads til then, and just sort of hope for the best. Also just remember there isn't much of a rotation, just priorities... but even still. I'm just... sorry.

dagimp007
01-26-2011, 08:29 AM
yeh thats what i kinda figured, i was able to do about 11k dps on the 2 dragons, which isn't horrible and i can only get better

Anlnba55
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I feel ya. I've been a ret pally since LK. And you're right...it's almost based on luck. Sometimes I have banging DPS and can beat a ilevel 346 mage, when I'm only 341 averaged...and then other times, I just suck. It's gotten to be rather frustrating, and I'm sure the other DPSers are sitting there going, why is she running heroics? I have almost all 346 gear, and to no avail. I always make sure to hit my Inquisition and TV just to make sure I can max it out....but still. I seem to do really well on boss fights, and generally, any fight that takes longer than 30 seconds to down the mob. Any suggestions here would be fantastic!!