PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Single Minded Fury 4.0.6 change

Rumpole
01-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Has anyone experienced SMF on the test realm with the change

Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.

Has it made this a better/equivalent to Titans Grip ?

Baba
01-25-2011, 07:41 AM
I am thinking about trying SMF out, because epic 1-handers drop off of every 2nd trash mob in raids it seems, but there's a real lack of epic 2h weapons.

Rumpole
01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Looks like it might be a little better now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827667312?page=1 check the 3rd post, and if Landsoul says so, then its true ;)

Bung
01-27-2011, 04:37 AM
I'm going to try it out. At least there is very little competition for 1 handed strength weapons. I read some things that say SMF requires the 7/31/3 spec because RB isn't as important. Can anyone confirm this?

Bigbad
01-27-2011, 04:51 AM
I quickly read through the thread. Seems that atm using heroic strike over raging blow as smf is best that's why its 3/3 incite. After 4.06 its the same rotation as titans grip since hs gets nerfed and ragingblow/mastery buffed. Part of the value of incite is also the extra flurry uptime but that all depends on the use of HS.

Might try it out as offspec since there is very little competition for the onehanders :)

Squirrelnut
01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I picked up 2x Lava Spine swords last night because no one wanted them. Anyone think it is worthwhile going SMF until 4.0.6 comes out or is it not worth it until we get the 5% buff? For comparison purposes I use Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds & Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking now as Titan's Grip so ilvl would be the same either way.

Erkebrand
01-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Anyone think it is worthwhile going SMF until 4.0.6 comes out or is it not worth it until we get the 5% buff?

If you nail the SMF-rotation you should be able to do comparable damage(dont use RB! and check Rumpoles link above). TG might still be theoretically better by a very small margin.

I'm currently trying SMF out and its quite fun with the slow "rage-pooling" buildup to the CS-"mini-rotation" bursts. So I guess its a matter of personal preference if you got equal ilvl-sets of weapons.

Destruyen
01-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I use Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds & Shalug'doom, the Axe of Unmaking now as Titan's Grip so ilvl would be the same either way.

stay tg or send me those weapons :)

gabbu
01-28-2011, 07:58 AM
There is a pretty good chance that SMF will be slightly ahead of TG after 4.0.6. Even though HS is getting nerfed but they are buffing BT and greatly buffing the slam proc. Slam and execute hits like a truck for SMF already, adding a 5% dmg boost and 20% dmg boost to slam proc will make it more powerful. SMF already does way more dmg with execute.

All these combined buffs are helping SMF a lot to pull ahead of TG. If you have the weps for SMF now (Lava Spines are BiS btw) I would try it now just to get a lill smother with the rotation by the time patch hits.

Again all this assuming no more changes will be done to warriors but its PTR so who knows.

Macar
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Actually Landsoul, after initially saying SMF would be slightly ahead of TG, is now saying that TG and SMF are extremely close, or even TG being 1-2% ahead of SMF after patch - according to the simulations he makes in his yet to be released spreadsheet.

He also theorises that with better gear SMF might pull ahread.

Destruyen
01-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I would try it now just to get a lill smother with the rotation by the time patch hits.

as of right now the rotation for post-patch smf will be the exact same rotation that tg is now so no need to learn a new rotation. it's best to just stay tg until the patch hits in case smf gets changed before the patch goes live (doubtful since it seems very balanced between the two right now).

Bung
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Pre the patch I have found out from other warriors that they rarely use slam at all when specced for TG. Since i have been hitting slam on procs I tried SMF and for whatever reason it increased my dps. I may just be a bad warrior, but for right now since I use HS as a rage dump and rarely miss slam procs SMF just works for me. After the patch I think we can assume HS will be more of a rage dump and those who are spamming it and basically ignoring slam will go back to a normal rotation.

Nikephoros
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I have been SMF for the entire duration of Cataclysm and I have been typically in the top five DPS for raids. I find that SMF requires much more concentration on rotation priorities and TG is more focused on Rage management. I use Agony and Torment which imo help alot with the 1k haste. Today I found out that the Inner Rage change is not good. Because of the simple fact that they nerfed HS. Slam seems to proc alot more and mastery added some dps for me. Did 21k DPS on Al'Akir 25 man. Number one over a Survival Hunter and Unholy DK. Granted it is a melee fight. I am surprised that I was so far ahead of the DK who typically pulls 25K. So if you consider SMF. It is definately viable on most fights, but expect to lag on fights where you have to frequently move. TG = Big Hits, but slow hits. SMF = Average hits, almost constantly, with left over rage for HS. Consider the fact that a TG war and I have to run to the same spot and hit a target then back to another spot to hit one. Obviously the TG Warrior will out DPS me on movement fights, but his Dmg over time in a stagnant fight will be most likely lower. Focus on Dmg Done and SMF will usually win! And like these guys said, SMF is way ahead below 20% hands down. Which is important being that most of the bosses have a soft enrage or other devastating skill, much like Pudge in Nax below 20% HP. Granted. I am the only raiding SMF Warrior on my server! Yay Nocturne!

Sorry for the text wall! Kinda Late!

Bung
02-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Anyone have ideas on incite vs. DW spec for SMF warriors?

Bigbad
02-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I did 19k dps on artramedes as SMF this week, quite pleased with the dps as its my offspec and my fury skills are rusty at best. Only a few hundred dps behind mainspec TG warrior. Feels like its stronger then TG atm since normallly I'm never that close to our dps warrior.

Got a few questions for someone more experienced with SMF:
- I'm using Fang of Twilight (http://www.wowhead.com/item=63533) as offhand, how does a 359 agi weapon compare to a 346 strength weapon is it better? Hoping to get another lava spine from magmaw but he wasn't willing to drop 1 this week.
- Got 12% hit atm and it "feels" right, did some dummytesting with 11% without raidbuffs and felt rage starved might have been just the lack of meleehaste buff. How much hit is "enough"?
- Any other comments on my gearsetup and Wol

Armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/bigbadorugly/advanced) & WoL Artramedes kill (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kniijqkybrpxg9jf/sum/damageDone/?s=13199&e=13579)

Heroic strike usage was pretty low and capped rage a few times avoiding sound discs. Rusty dps skills ;)

Squirrelnut
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I find that hard to believe considering it is your off-spec and you are in some blues with agi weapon when the top 40 world parses on WoL 25m Normal is only 21.5k - 19.3k

For example here was our WoL parse from the last time we did 25m Normal Atramedes: ZugZug Atramedes (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zpy08ei5v15xkhxj/sum/damageDone/?s=1467&e=1853) where I pulled 19.1k. This was back when I only had 2pc but still.

EDIT: never mind, I looked at your WoL meter and realized you weren't talking about your effective dps (which was only 14.5k). You had me considering switching to SMF for a bit there =P

Bigbad
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah kinda hard dpsing during the airphase, should do baradin hold sometime as that's more tank and spank for real dps numbers.

squats
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM
I picked up a lava spine last night. my DPS went up by a bit. it wasnt that noticeable.

what is noticeable is your burst damage/threat (especially at the start of the fight) are insane.
My rotations are
pre execute - CS?BT>SLAM!>RB heroic strike when available
Execute - execute 5x>CS>BT>EXECUTE>RB> heroic strike when possible

rage is especially plentiful during execute phase, so inner rage here isnt a bad idea.

Nikephoros
02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Pretty standard rotation. I use pretty much the same thing for pre 20%, but I've managed to throw in a Inner Rage. Helps with HS, being that I have so much extra rage in most fights. I swap in Cleave for HS when doing Conclaive and Halfus or any other add fights. For under 20%, I've stayed with CS>Execute> HS as a filler. Tried putting BT and RB in it but seems like a waste of time.

squats
02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
how is putting BT into the rotation a waste of time at all?

it hits as hard as execute and costs 10 less rage, it hits way harder than HS OR RB, and it can proc a free attack.