PDA

View Full Version : Left handed gaming question

Jerc
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes I'm one of those guys who can't use WASD. I've tried many times in the past to force myself into it and it's just doesn't feel right (get it?) for me. Up until now I've been as efficient as I think I could be using a number of Razer ambidextrous mice and a ZBoard Fang. It certainly has some ergonomic flaws but after years of using it I've become quite use to it. Since it provides a number of keys and easy to access modifiers I keep my keys bound to 1 through = and use shift, ctrl, and alt modifiers.

The problem I have now is that I've been traveling quite a bit for work and picked up a laptop. I try to bring the Fang with me but sometimes I'm forced to go mouse / keyboard only which is a disaster! I'm hoping maybe some of you lefties out there can shed some light on how you guys work your keybinds without WASD and bare minimal clicking.

Thanks in advance for any help. Been a member for a while and always found the site helpful.

Skaggi
01-25-2011, 05:28 AM
I'm no lefty but I would say when you absolutely can't bring in your ZBoard try to rebind WASD to a position that is comfortable for your hand. Maybe RDFG or TFGH? You can't do any magic tricks because it's just the way the keyboard layout works and you will always have the issue that the ZBoard offers you a more "reachable" layout of 1 to = because it compresses the space occupied by those keys that your laptop won't be able to offer. The best thing is to really just pack that ZBoard and let your muscle memory work as always.

Cheers!
skaggi