PDA

View Full Version : Tanking 85 Prot warrior raid advice

Valph
01-24-2011, 01:22 AM
My question is, do you guys think i am ready for raids? here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/valph/simple

Now i know that the boar trinket is not the best, i have it plus my tanking trinket from JC as well as the tanking trinket from H Stonecore. Now i have been trying to get the trinket from H Grime Batol, but have yet to see it after many attempts.

Atm i sit at about 146k HP unbuffed with the boar trinket and the earthen guardian trinket, my second question is, Should i use the 2 i have on now for the 47% block which brings me to 72.87% combined block/parry/dodge, or be at 70% with more hp?.

Edit: I am aware of my Boots/Chest/Wep and Gloves in need of enchants, although the enchants i need take maelstrom crystals which sadly atm cost 2k+ for a single one and i cannot afford to get 8+ crystals at that price.

What do you guys think? also any other advice would be welcome, i have been away from the game for about 4-5 months prior to the release of cata.

klausi
01-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Maelstroem? There's always a smaller enchant you can use.

50 mastery on gloves
30 stamina/runspeed or 50 mastery on boots
55 stamina on chest
Mending on weapon

I used them myself on 359 gear, just consider 5 digits of gold for another 20 stamina..

There are a lot of avoidance trinkets (crab's procc is awesome!) you can use, too. You really want 72.4% block/parry/dodge to become unhittable while shieldblock is up.

Valph
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Ya i have been trying for other trinkets, crab/finger and so forth just never see the drop and my shield block atm is at that 72% without shield block up.