PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior advice

Aeraggo
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Okay so I haven't played my warrior in a long time (ie since Burning Crusade) but been thinking about playing it again. I tend to like tanking but just feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the changes, but don't really want to have to restart the character to relearn the class as I'm level 48 thusfar. Anyone have some advice as far rotation, talents, etc?

Thanks in advance!

nserafini
01-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Check the critical guides section, as well as search using the tool provided for some great threads.

All your questions, and many new ones will be answered. Just be aware that this early after an xpac theorycraft abounds.

squats
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
what are you leveling as first off.

Next i will say the spec is your own choice. leveling specs normally would pick up more survivability talents then a raiding dps spec.
The new talent trees are pretty cut and dry, they just have more utility. just pick and choose what sounds appealing to you. i promise. you wont get it (to) wrong.

when you hit higher levels (80-85) id pick a spec and stick to it. Learn the ins and outs of your spec then. not now.

Aeraggo
01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
In general I like to run random dungeons instead of questing, which is part of why I'm looking for advice. So would generally look at prot. I did take a look at the warrior tank guide for some ideas, and may need to see what I can do when I get home, it's just a bit difficult to get a good idea of what would work for me since that guide seems primarily aimed at level 85, whereas I'm more in the middle so far.

Zaktraw
01-21-2011, 06:38 PM
If you are going to tanl low level stuff, generally Blood and Thunder and Improved Revenge will be more than enough to hold aggro and lead the dps charts on your runs. My buddy on his 62 warrior tanking was outdpsing/keeping up with myself as a 65 survival hunter doing lots of aoe damage. I only ever really beat him on damage on single target fights(bosses) and even then I had to focus.