PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Ranged / Thrown weapons with Strength

Ellóren
01-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi folks,

my arms warrior is a relatively new lvl 85 and I'm starting to gear her up through JPs and heroics. What baffles me is the lack of choices for my ranged slot. I mean, why do Warriors have a slot for a thrown or ranged weapon when they all have agility and are obviously for Hunters?

I checked on WoWHead and the only strength-weapons I found are high-end thrown ones available with Conquest Points, as well as raid or raid-zone drops. For practically every other slot there is a viable entry-level option through crafted items or heroics drops, but in my ranged slot I currently equip the Uldum crossbow which is iLevel, what was it, 312? Something along those lines.

Am I missing something, or does anyone else find this puzzling? :)

Roarc
01-21-2011, 03:44 AM
There are very few options. I think this is a clear oversight by blizzards part as there are about 3 or so relics to choose from - even one with a socket from JP's.

Your best bet is the epic gun that's BoE but it's going to cost you.. Aside from that I'm not sure if it's worth going for a lower i-lvl weapon with STR or a higher i-lvl with AGI. The other stats will give you a lot of goodies (for tanks the higher i-lvl gives more stamina / mastery so they win in the end).

Petninja
01-21-2011, 03:46 AM
It may have been an oversight (they forgot to add some agi meta gems and other things that are usually there too), and I am a little sad that there is no epic crafted engineering gun this time around but in the end it's not a big deal. Get what you can, and remember that agi isn't all bad either. I can pretty safely say that for dps or tanking 346 agi guns are going to do more for you than a 312 blue str gun. There's just a lot more ratings on them, and if you're tanking don't forget that agi gives a chunk of dodge.

Ellóren
01-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the replies. Like I said I'm arms and agility does... well, nothing much at all for me. Strength is by FAR my best stat so I'm keeping the crossbow for now. It does have a little hit and expertise so it's quite good for such a low-lvl item. I just don't want my iLevel permanently dragged down by the thing.

Roarc, the epic gun hasn't turned up on my server's AH yet :-/ Maybe it'll drop in the BoT when I'm there with my Priest one day - a girl can hope, lol!

Petninja, the point about the hunter meta gems etc is a good one, and those are getting added in 4.0.6 so maybe they'll dream up a few options for Warriors' ranged/thrown slot, too! Then again, it's not all that comparable since gems are item enhancement whereas this is an actual item slot and as such rather a biggie.

MellvarTank
01-21-2011, 07:49 AM
There is actually one other gun that I am using currently and that is from the quests in Twighlight highlands. I believe it is hit/mastery.

Ellóren
01-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Seriously? Maybe they forgot that one on Wowhead (or I'm blind). I'm doing the TH quests at the moment, for rep. Happy days :)

klausi
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Your best bet is the epic gun that's BoE but it's going to cost you..
Easiest route is winning just three arena games and buy Vicious Gladiator's War Edge (http://www.wowhead.com/item=61347). Comes out slightly ahead of blue 346 agility ones after reforging for me and hey it's shiny purple one.

MellvarTank
01-21-2011, 10:18 AM
The heroic thundercall (?) was not added to the bosses loot table if that is the one you are thinking of. Thus, it doesn't exist.