PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prot Pally starting to raid

Arvin
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
My guilds recently started raiding again and I want to make sure I'm in top condition.

This is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/arvin/simple

I havn't reforged any of my gear, I'm still not very certain about the importance of hit/exp in Cata and whether I should reforge them into avoidance stats.

With gems I've tried to get socket bonus, other then that I've gemmed for pure stam. Am I wrong in doing this?

Mr.Winkle
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Spec: Hallowed ground, improved HoJ and Eye for an Eye aren't particularly useful and are generally unnecessary, where as eternal glory and rule of law help out quite a lot.

Stats: Your hit and expertise are both low, but generally that's not a major issue since threat gen is very good regardless. Mastery's a better avoidance stat than parry and dodge, but tbh if you didn't reforge anything you'd be fine.

Gemming:
Blue = Stam
Red = Stam+Parry
Yellow = Stam+Mastery

aresius
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
imho, id say your to far into diminishing returns with both dodge and parry, lowering them to 10 and 11% and reforging the remaining to mastery would be a improvement.
As for talenting, as far as threat goes tanks are alweys very safe already and id advise against rule of law and in favor of persuit of justice so you can chant boots with mastery instead of new tuskars and maintain best possible move speed, and defenetly get eternal glory. Keeping in mind consecration is mostly out of tanking rotations anyhow.

Arvin
01-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the great feedback. Just finished reforging and regemming what I can.
Also redone my talents. If people could take another look at my char it would be appreciated :cool:

Fetzie
01-22-2011, 07:26 AM
the 50 mastery enchant on gloves is super cheap (1 dust, 1 lesser essence) and will benefit you more than the 2% threat enchant.

Spec wise, take a look at my primary specc (not the secondary one) and glyphs.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anubarak/fetzie/talent/primary