PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Episode 13 - World of Starcraft

Lore
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
hq8%2Bgp2PZwA%2Em4v

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

Kazeyonoma
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
you can make the system do some sort of system loading the way they did it in warcraft 3 where when you join the game, it can ask if you want to load a pre-existing 'char' or new char, and if you create a new char, you can enter some sort of "password codekey" that is encrypted to unencode into your exact char from your previous game. it does require you to "save and logout" before you quit your previous game also which will give you your codekey. So technically you can have persistent data even across custom games.

Mahananaka
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
In regards to solo running old raid bosses. I know on my DK I can solo Mag, Hydross, Lurker, Tidewalker, Al'ar, Void Reaver, and Astromancer Solarian. With another DK friend we can duo Gruul's (he is soloable the ogres before him are not), Leotheras, Karathress, Na'jentuss, Supremus, Shade of Akama, Gorefiend, and lastly Kalecgos in Sunwell. Probably could duo Hyjal Summit, just haven't bothered with all the trash. All of those are 250g per except Mag which is 500g like mentioned in the video. So easily 3k gold. The time commitment is the only thing that would be hard to determine. While I can kill most in 8 minutes from engaging to kill, having to clear all their trash makes it take significantly longer. Though another consideration to this is each trash mob is 1g per. Plus chances of greens and greys.

Rennadrel
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
I am going to have to kindly disagree with the folks at Stars who are ripping on Paragon for making use of horrible design mechanics that were clearly an oversight. Blizzard is proving that this expansion was rushed and not properly designed like the glitches on LK that allowed Saronite Bombs to be used during the encounter. If Blizzard properly tested these encounters, we would not have this problem.

Scottpoet
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
11 feral druids is either genius or a really really bad pug. In this case genius.

Pwnanapuddin
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
The Heroic Nefarian issue is very reminiscent of when the guilds killed Kerafyrm (The Sleeper) back in Everquest through an exploit with the bridge allowing them to rez people and return them to combat. Also considering that multiple guilds were able engage at once. Have to agree this doesn't really count considering the sick exploitation of a very broken class/spec combo.

Kazeyonoma
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
yeah but The Sleeper was also never meant to be killed in the first place. The only way it GOT killed was through an exploit, and the sheer tenacity of the devotion of several hundred players for several hours.

Pers3us
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
About the critters...

Did you find out that each one critter you counted multiplied by the number of people in your group that were in your guild after you spent the 6 hours in ZG? That would be heartbreaking.

For instance, we had 20 people in our group, and went in and AoE'd a cave in eastern plaguelands. Each one critter that died counted as 20 critters for the achievement, and that cave was filled.

smokeghost
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
to answer ur question in fact is possible to solo the first boss of Black temple since when u solo stuff ..has long the tank (whoever got the higher threat) is removed of the mechanic u can solo it..u cant get spike when u tanked High Warlord Naj"entus

Pers3us
01-20-2011, 12:35 AM
to answer ur question in fact is possible to solo the first boss of Black temple since when u solo stuff ..has long the tank (whoever got the higher threat) is removed of the mechanic u can solo it..u cant get spike when u tanked High Warlord Naj"entus

I believe he still uses his shield though, which you need a spike to break. Since you wouldn't have the spike, he'd just keep healing and absorbing all your damage.

kukuluku
01-20-2011, 05:52 AM
i think the extra chair is to put your feet on while u're sitting on the toilet, some people might like to have something to put their feet on...that's my guess

Bitur
01-20-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm so sick of that fucking Vauxhall commercial.

Quinafoi
01-20-2011, 07:36 AM
If Blizzard properly tested these encounters, we would not have this problem.

A team of a few, can not think of everything that 12 million subscribers can. This is a fact of life in any software development. No matter how thorough your testing is you can never guarentee you thought of every possible outcome. You can try to minimize things that fall through the cracks, but you, the tester, are only human.

Biffsteken
01-20-2011, 07:36 AM
**NEW**
While i was watching the episode i were chillin' around on the internet and i just thought that i want to go to MMO Champion website and then i saw this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/835278-Lady-Sinestra-25-Heroic-World-First-Kill-by-Paragon
SINESTRA (the boss you can encounter when you've killed Cho'Gall on heroic mode)IS NOW KILLED BY PARAGON, the information is taken from MMO Champion. I don't know if it's a troll or not yet, because Paragon haven't written anything about it yet on their site.

*Edit*
Yes guys, Sinestra is now killed by PARAGON! http://www.paragon.fi/news/sinestra-slain (The site seems to be overwhelmed with people, so it's not working at the moment.)

smokeghost
01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I believe he still uses his shield though, which you need a spike to break. Since you wouldn't have the spike, he'd just keep healing and absorbing all your damage.

IN fact this mechanic is removed. it almost same way raegwyn soloed marrowgarr (if u watch his video on youtube u will see he never got impale by Bone spike)im going take a other chance at him today and if i sucess(im a warrior not regular raid content clear) i will post it on youtube and give a link here

Daelras
01-21-2011, 02:29 AM
well just wanted to say paragon downed the extra boss in heroic officially lol a day after this came out

bbjbrat
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't see why attacking a bosses weakness is being called exploiting to be honest. When a boss has lots of interruptable casts, you make sure you have lots of interrupts available. If you notice a boss has a weakness to ice, you bring a crap ton of frost mages and death knights. This boss, it seems, gave occasional opportunity for a single massive cast/ability, which in DoT form means a short period of huge ticks. Why would you not bring as many Dots as possible? And druids are just more survivable than locks and others. Theres no reason you shouldnt change your raid makeup to suit the encounter. I say well done for reading into the encounter's specifics and finding a great solution. Definitely deserves the props.

Quinafoi
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't see why attacking a bosses weakness is being called exploiting to be honest. When a boss has lots of interruptable casts, you make sure you have lots of interrupts available. If you notice a boss has a weakness to ice, you bring a crap ton of frost mages and death knights. This boss, it seems, gave occasional opportunity for a single massive cast/ability, which in DoT form means a short period of huge ticks. Why would you not bring as many Dots as possible? And druids are just more survivable than locks and others. Theres no reason you shouldnt change your raid makeup to suit the encounter. I say well done for reading into the encounter's specifics and finding a great solution. Definitely deserves the props.

I think you missed the entire reason why druids were better. It was because the adds could be rooted. So, if you brought enough Druids, you simply eliminated all of the adds from the equation. That's what they fixed, the adds can no longer be rooted. The fact that Druid damage is also relatively high wasn't the deciding factor, because there are other classes like Death Knights that do even more damage.

Muffin Man
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I think you missed the entire reason why druids were better. It was because the adds could be rooted. So, if you brought enough Druids, you simply eliminated all of the adds from the equation. That's what they fixed, the adds can no longer be rooted. The fact that Druid damage is also relatively high wasn't the deciding factor, because there are other classes like Death Knights that do even more damage.

I thought they patched the fact that Rip doesn't trigger from the massive damage bonus (also Bane of Doom doesn't either). The thinking being, no double dipping with the attack then the following dot.

I haven't seen Nefarian at all, so I'm just looking at patch notes...

bbjbrat
01-25-2011, 09:31 AM
if you read paragons post about it, it was all about the damage - 'fat dot or nuke'. But I can see why they hotfixed it.

Ghost147
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Im addicted to the show now, I love it! When is the next one??? :D