PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Low dps on my Fury Warrior..

Keizer
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone!
I post here cause I've got problems on my dps, especially compared to other classes, which, with less gear (including gems and enchants) can do much more dps than me. I refer especially to hunters, rogue and locks.

First of all, I would tell you that I see all possible guides to use and equip my fury warrior as best as possible. Problem is that in a fight pretty simpled tank'n'spank like argaloth in baradin hold, at my best I reach 11.7k dps, while 1st dps were an hunter, rogue and lock pretty much with my ilvl or less (they were on 13.7k dps).

Here's my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/indifferens/advanced

In every fight I used this rotation: Battle Shout>Intercept>Heroic Thrown>Sunder>CS>BT>RB>Slam on proc>HS as dump and when avalaible Recklessness, DW and on use trinket.

Is there something wrong on my stats, gems, enchants? or in my rotation?
Any suggestion on everything will be a lot appreciated:D

Queepeg
01-20-2011, 06:58 AM
For Algaloth in particular you spend most of the fight (depending on positioning) attacking from the front so you will lose some dps. You will also lose dps in the felfire phase whereas other classes will have dots, poisons or can continue to use ranged dps.

You can try moving slowly around the boss's hitbox in felfire phase, but if your raid as a whole are doing 10k+ it's probably best to concentrate on avoiding dmg. Personally I think your dmg output is about right for your gear and where warriors are right now (pre patch 4.06)

Hunters, rogues and locks are PURE dps classes, Blizzard intends for them to out dps you. You lose a little dps in exchange for the flexibility of fulfilling either a dps or tank role. In addition, you are taking time out of the optimal rotation to add sunders (which I see you have glyphed to colossus smash), this might lose you some personal dps but will help the raid as a whole and is a GOOD THING.

I think it's time for Warriors to stop feeling bad if we're not number one on dps - we're not in Kansas *cough* ...Wrath anymore.

Keizer
01-20-2011, 11:10 AM
For Algaloth in particular you spend most of the fight (depending on positioning) attacking from the front so you will lose some dps. You will also lose dps in the felfire phase whereas other classes will have dots, poisons or can continue to use ranged dps.

You can try moving slowly around the boss's hitbox in felfire phase, but if your raid as a whole are doing 10k+ it's probably best to concentrate on avoiding dmg. Personally I think your dmg output is about right for your gear and where warriors are right now (pre patch 4.06)

Hunters, rogues and locks are PURE dps classes, Blizzard intends for them to out dps you. You lose a little dps in exchange for the flexibility of fulfilling either a dps or tank role. In addition, you are taking time out of the optimal rotation to add sunders (which I see you have glyphed to colossus smash), this might lose you some personal dps but will help the raid as a whole and is a GOOD THING.

I think it's time for Warriors to stop feeling bad if we're not number one on dps - we're not in Kansas *cough* ...Wrath anymore.

1st of all, thanks for the reply:)
I almost agree with everything you said, starting from pure dps classes, high advantage of ranged classes especially in argaloth fight, etc..I know very well we're not in Wrath anymore, and even if I'm a casual player, I think Cataclysm is a good expansion, with good and bad things, but it can change from everyone's point of view.
But one thing I really hate is most fights, raid or not, are ranged focused. I believe melee have serious disadvantage compared to ranged to reach high dps. Can be wrong thought, its only an impression.
Btw you give some good feeling about using (and dps) with my warrior.
One thing: do u think its better point strenght, hit or crit after soft cap hit and expertise? I see many different visions about this..

Loganisis
01-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Hurricane is a pretty poor enchant for Fury isn't it? Haste really came out as a weak stat when all was said and done and Landslide (or even Avalanche) are decent pickups over Hurricane - I think?

Are you stacking your CDs outside of the intial one, so you get DW + Trinkets for example?

Does your raid have anyone who applies armor debuffs more efficently than you? Like a feral cat I think it is that has a 5 minute fairy fire?

Have you considered dropping intercept and replacing it with heroic leap? Intercept costs rage, Heroic leap does not. More resource at the beginning of the fight.

Nothing earth shattering, but it might help a little. How's your rage? It looks like it might be a little low at 11% hit?

There might be a few easy small upgrades too... like your current gloves are haste/mastery, the windhammer rep are crit/haste, so you're swapping mastery for crit, a win.

Queepeg
01-24-2011, 01:34 AM
I agree there are some melee unfriendly fights, but it's not as bad as people are making out, and I'm finding it less of an issue with each upgrade I get. I also think that Warriors in particular have been handed some nice self-healing abilities in addition to wearing plate.

Our mobility is also much improved by talents and new abilities (Heroic Leap), and the shorter battle shout cd.

I consider Strength the strongest stat after hit and expertise caps, so as soon as the meta gem is fixed we can go back to gemming pure STR in red sockets and those with poor socket bonuses.

Enchant-wise, I've only just purchased landslide on both 1H'ers due to the expense, I waited til I had epic weapons. Before that I was using hurricane to assist with rage generation.

I think this expansion will improve with time for Warriors, we've always been gear dependent and I don't believe that Cataclysm has rectified that completely.

I resent having to reforge everything to Hit :(