PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prot Warrior looking for a check up

Drizzt74
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Spirestone/Drizztguen/simple

Some of my gear is more dps than prot but at the time they were upgrades. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Vigilant
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Looks like you're on the right track. Several things you might want to do:

1) Start doing the dailies, or champion w/ the tabard, to get your Earthen Ring rep up, so that you have access to the tanking head enchant. You only have to get it to revered.

2) Get your Therazane rep up, as well, first to revered for the "lesser" shoulder enchant, and eventually to exalted for the "greater" one. Even the lesser one is vastly superior to the current shoulder chant you're sporting.

3) Throw +250 armor on your cloak. I don't think I paid much for it on my server, and you're most likely going to be rocking that cloak for a long time to come. Its worth it.

4) Replace + expertise on your gloves with + mastery. I suppose this one is more of a matter of opinion. At this point in the expansion, survivability is more important than threat, and threat seems to be just fine while under hit and expertise caps. Not to mention mastery is imba for warriors.

(http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=3&t=29733&rb_v=viewtopic)

5) + Mastery might be better than + stam to your boots, as well. See above link again, for justification of my line of thought.

6) You can upgrade a ring once you get to Revered w/ Therazane as well, and another one when you get to Revered w/ Ramkahen.

All in all, though, things are looking pretty good, and these are just some tweaks that might give you a little more survivability along the way.

Edit: 7) Puissant Dream Emeralds (+20 Mastery and +30 Stamina) are superior in both blue and yellow slots. Defender's something or others (+ some odd Parry and + some odd Stamina) are superior in red slots. Puissant in particular tend to go for really cheap on my server. It might be worth swapping them out.

Drizzt74
01-20-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm working on Therazene right now. I will defintely do the reforging for more mastery. I have a hard time finding those gems, but I will switch those out also when I come across them. Thanks