PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tank Gearing Advice

Crackbone
01-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Hi there. I'm a veteran player, but am more used to being on the dps side of things (rogue, Old-Blood DK, Balance Druid). I took up warrior tanking a long time ago, quit, and came back to it within the last few months of WotLK. I leveled, ate and breathed Prot through all of Cataclysm up to this point. I was just looking for some advice for my spec, gear, anything, really. I'm at avg. I-level 348, but I still seem to be having the same problems in heroics with healers. Is it me, or is there anything I can do to make things work a bit smoother. Any advice, really, would help. Thanks.

Character Page:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sentinels/crackbone/advanced

--Crackbone, 85 Prot warrior, KotB

Tschus
01-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Could you specify what exactly the problem is?
Level your blacksmith to 400 should be the top priority. ;)
Your health pool is a little bit low compare to the avoidance you have (which is incredibly high imo), and your parry is a bit high so it'll suffer from diminishing return. I'd say tweak around trinket and gemming, grab a Leaden Despair (http://www.wowhead.com/item=56347) and replace those pure parry/dodge/stamina gems with parry+mastery, parry+stamina or mastery+stamina.

Selene
01-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Okay first off DO NOT GEM DODGE.
For Yellow/Prismatic you want to gem Mastery or Mastery/Stam.
If you want Dodge, reforge Parry to Dodge.
With your Expertise as low as it is, why even bother to gem for it? Gem Parry/Stam in that socket. Red is always Parry/Stam or Expertise/Stam but only if you actually get some benefit from the Expertise and your Expertise is so low why even bother gemming for it.
Also for a Blue/Prismatic socket, Mastery/Stam is a viable option.

Yes Warriors want more Parry than Dodge, but you want to try to keep them almost the same level still, just Parry is to be higher. If you reforged some of that Parry to Dodge you will get more overall avoidance, or better yet, unreforge some of that Dodge you took away.