PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Need Help on reforging for Warrior Tank.

campeon625
01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I need help on reforging and If I am doing it right. Any other advice or help would be appreciated. (What would I need to improve on to start raiding)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/rolley/advanced

MellvarTank
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Mastery if it doesn't have it.

If it has mastery but no parry, then you could likely reforge to parry.

Timberton
01-18-2011, 05:08 AM
1. If it has parry or dodge, I don't reforge them
2. If it has mastery, don't reforge mastery
3. Anything else (including hit and expertiz), reforge to: Mastery -> Parry (if parry% is close to dodge %) -> dodge (if dodge % is a couple of % under parry%)

Katzazi
01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
I would not say "don't reforge dodge and parry". Your first goal is to reach 72.4% parry+dodge+block. You should reforge everything to accomplish this. Your second goal is to have parry and dodge near together with parry a little bit higher (if specced into hold the line what one should do).

You should be able to reach this 72.4% at your gear-lvl with reforging, enchanting and gems. Go for it. If you are there, your shield block is a short CD against melee dmg. Because when SB is up, you can never take a full hit. You can only avoid or block (or crit block).

Timberton
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I would not say "don't reforge dodge and parry".
Maybe I didn't make myself understood correctly, let's say for example:

Gear piece with:
120 dodge
130 crit rating

You don't reforge dodge into mastery, you reforge crit into mastery

Gear piece with
120 dodge
100 mastery

You don't reforge anything. At best you can think of reforging the dodge into parry, but only if dodge%>parry%

klausi
01-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Reforge 'order'
Doesn't have mastery? Reforge for it.
Sacrifical stats in ascending order from best to worst (for reforging): haste > crit > hit = expertise*, parry = dodge**
* you might need style-hitcap (8%) for interrupt duty, especially during 10 mans
** try keeping parry and dodge close together due to DR

Katzazi
01-26-2011, 04:39 AM
What klausi said. As long as you are heading for the 72.4% it's not "if you cannot reforge to mastery reforge to parry". If you do that you lose some ratings to diminishing returns. Those ratings can help you to get you to the SB-unhittability. Yes, parry is a little bit better to have for warriors because of Hold the Line. But that's only a side-game, it only affects the uptime of a little bit more crit-block chance. You probably will never see the difference of the uptime of HtL by changing your parry for 1%. But if your dodge and parry are far away from each other, you can get nearer to the unhittable state by bringing them closer together. Getting there is so much greater for our survivability, than what you lose on Hold the Line.

After you have reached 72.4% dodge+parry+block you can open up the gap a little bit more. But since all your values get bigger with better gear, the DR-effect gets bigger, too.