PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Warlock information

PvtCaboose
01-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm looking for something help regarding my warlock. Now, its not "Help I am doing bad dps" sort of help, I feel I do good DPS already, what I'm looking for is information on how to better my dps. I've been using regular places like www.elitistjerks.com and wowmb.net (The Warlock Den) and my own experiences while talking to other locks in my guild.

Now, what I'm mostly curious in is: spreadsheets, being able to find the "BIS" gear and other tips/tricks to try and help boost my dps. Currently, I raid as Destro but there is a real possibility that I will be going Demo in the near future, not a big deal. But to destro, I run 3/7/31 - Mana feed spec. I am not quite hit capped but I plan to be next time can log in, I am about 1% miss with my hit food. My armory can be found @ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/omit/simple.

Addons of note that I use, Power Auras to mostly track my IMP SF and other misc things and DoTimer for dots. I will post our WOL's and if you want to take a look see if there is anything I can improve on. I was not here for all the fights and the 10 mans I wasn't there for: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rzew7ue26ip018i2/

Aggathon
01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
What's your rotation? How much DPS are you doing? And ya a WOL report would help a lot. Your armory seems in order for the most part. I've been prioritizing crit > haste though as destro. My stat priority goes Int >> hit (until 17% cap) > crit > haste >> mastery (where >> is significantly greater than).

PvtCaboose
01-16-2011, 03:40 PM
What's your rotation? How much DPS are you doing? And ya a WOL report would help a lot. Your armory seems in order for the most part. I've been prioritizing crit > haste though as destro. My stat priority goes Int >> hit (until 17% cap) > crit > haste >> mastery (where >> is significantly greater than).

My rotation right now is: Shadowburn + Soulfire -> Immolate -> Curse of Doom -> Conflag -> Corruption -> Incenrate spam -> Keeping up the IMP SF buff

My dps as it stands right now I can pull depending on fight anywhere from 14k on Cho'gal to 27k on Wyrmbreaker obviously it all differs with the amount of movement and how well I time my cds. I have been doing haste to keep it above 17% to add one tick of immolate then I'll be stacking more crit, as each stat does stack additively now instead of how it did in Wrath.

I linked WOL in my other post but I will post it again here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rzew7ue26ip018i2/ (I am obviously Omit) and ignore the Conclave of wind - I got blown off and took me ~1min to get back because I got knocked into Al'akir.

I've read that using the inferno on single target still does greater dps then the Doomguard, is there any truth to that statement?

Aggathon
01-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, Infernal does more single target dps, which I think is effing stupid, but whatever. I think the only time you use doomguard is if there's some kind of melee knock back mechanic that prevents the infernal from going all out.

If you can be in melee range, add in shadowflame. It has a better DPCT than corruption, I usually put the priority at conflag -> Bane of Doom -> shadowflame -> corruption (for that segment of the priority).

I haven't done those bosses on 25 man yet, but I do about 18k on Argaloth (as close to a stand there and pew pew fight as it gets I think). Though that was two weeks ago and I've gotten several very significant upgrades since then, so idk how I'd do now, probably closer to 19 or 20k. I did a little over 16k in 10 man, but I didn't have full raid buffs due to group comp.