PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Prot warrior looking for advice.

Deminion
01-16-2011, 06:36 AM
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/deminion/simple

Besides the obvious, what can i improve?

Been told my threat sucks, and that i should cap out hit and expertise, but i feel it would gimp my survivability to much.

Let the critique commense.

cattebrie
01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
To fully answer your question I would need a little more info. In a raid, outside of maybe the first couple cool downs before vengeance starts stacking or you get a string of miss/dodge/parry's threat should not matter. It is why having a hunter/rogue in the group is so beneficial with their misdirects early on in a fight.

In heroics and 5 mans, I would generally say its because people are not assisting you and want to nuke whatever the hell they feel like, and expect you to just keep everything off them. Now this is possible after your get your aoe rotation down and have a few seconds.

Lastly, what I really would look at is your rotation. Are you using the proper rotation to maximize TPS/DPS. Are you falling asleep and pressing devastate to much? Do you weave in your shock waves and concussion blows correctly?

Anyone telling you to gear for threat at this point is pretty much wrong. The only possible exception is if you need hit cap, because you are helping interrupt and need it to be reliable.

Bung
01-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't reforge into hit or expertise. I'm not sure I would reforge avoidance stats that low. You have roughly 140k unbuffed which is a nice starting point, and around 21% dodge/parry. Why not have more like 25% avoidance? A lot of warriors are stacking mastery. I guess you could reforge into that instead of hit.

Deminion
01-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Mastery have been the stat i have reforged into when ever i could, hence i got 50% block. I can get my hands on a couple of 359 upgrades, that carry expertise, which ofc i will reforge to mastery.

Rotationwise i go by this priority: Shield Slam > Revenge > devastate, weaving in TC/Demo, Rend, Shockwave when i can. And for further review i feel it's mostly initial threat that lacks a little, when vengeance kicks in, i got no issues at all.

Reev
01-18-2011, 07:59 AM
I can't look at your gear since you're in Fury spec, but you shouldn't be worrying about hit/expertise. Your technique will get you a lot farther than your hit stats.

Sounds like your ability priorities are reasonable, so the next thing I'll ask is are you marking kill targets? Putting a skull on the main target makes it much easier to hold aggro, since people will be attacking that target, and you only need enough threat to hold off the healer on the other targets. I'll often start a pull with a Thunderclap, Shockwave, Shield Slam, Rend, Thunderclap, or something similar, then go to town on the skull target with cleaves thrown in almost on cooldown. If we're AoEing the targets, I'll tab around and toss devastates on the other targets as well.

Katzazi
01-18-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't know but do you use HS as often as possible? Many warriors asking for advise threatwise here don't use it. It's one of our best or the best threat mechanic we have. How good it is compared to SS depends on your vengeance stack.

Deminion
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
@Reev: oops, forgot i was in fury last from doing dailies, but should be prot now, as i just logged out after a little raiding.

Regarding HS, yes i do use it, when my rage allows it.

I have been prot since lvl 63 where patch 3.0 hit, tanked through entire wotlk, so i'm not unfamiliar with my abilities.