PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Cata epic leg armor enchants - are they worth it?

Cagny
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Hello,

I've returned to WoW for Cata and I'm tanking and loving it. I've gotten some epic pants and did a search through the AH and found that the epic level 85 leg armor enchants sell for around 1K gold. Considering the stat bonus for the price, I didn't think the enchants were worth it. I saw the Charscale Leg Armor and almost bought it but I didn't b/c I don't think warrior tanks needed agility. Any opinions or advice? What do you guys use for leg enchants?

MellvarTank
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
We don't have another option for leg enchants. It's stam/agility.

Petninja
01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Hello,

I've returned to WoW for Cata and I'm tanking and loving it. I've gotten some epic pants and did a search through the AH and found that the epic level 85 leg armor enchants sell for around 1K gold. Considering the stat bonus for the price, I didn't think the enchants were worth it. I saw the Charscale Leg Armor and almost bought it but I didn't b/c I don't think warrior tanks needed agility. Any opinions or advice? What do you guys use for leg enchants?

1k Gold isn't a ton of money for an enchant, and if they're epic pants they'll probably stick with you for a while. If you don't want to pay the 1k gold for the epic ones you could get the blue one for like 250g, but you're still just gimping yourself.

Sirloinsteak
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
1k is nothing i paid 5k for windwalking on my weapon

Bosk
01-17-2011, 05:29 AM
It is only 2x Magtheridon kills :)

Illidra
01-17-2011, 05:41 AM
its worth it.

stam + minor dodge.

my GM paid 15k for power torrent.

Gameforreal
01-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Its always worth it on epic items,

I would think twice on items lvl 333 or less...

But on 346 + i would get the best enchants and gems i can.

Bung
01-17-2011, 06:28 AM
^agreed. Wait until your have 346+ gear. The prices will get lower eventually.

Vong
01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Surely u have guildee LW u can "borrow" a hide from and the 20*fires are easily farmed. Sounds like u want the easy option but for naff all. For any 346^ item it's unforgivable to not enchant with the best viable option. Your party, raid will surely thankyou in the long run.

klausi
01-17-2011, 07:53 AM
and the 20*fires are easily farmed.
That's a common misconception in the mindset a lot of players i talk to. 20 fires are worth what they are priced out at the auction house. That can be 5 gold, that can be 50 gold. The time it takes you to farm those you basically end up farming the money for selling them instead.

If you're running low on gold i can't see a reason not to just get that blue leg enchant instead. The difference is a new socket slot filled with a stamina gem (and 10 agility for that matter), nothing more and nothing less. Step up with other improvements first if they are way cheaper (eg a beltbuckle + stamina gem costs less on our server) and if you're broke all day just wait for the pants of Algaloth/Valor points. But i wonder how you want to raid without cash anyway, at least i've to pay hundreds of gold for every hour of progression (new flasks, new food and not to forget about the large repair bills).

Cagny
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I didn't know if the agility was a wasted stat but it seems everyone is in favor for it.