PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Episode 12 - RLY BLIZZ?

Lore
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
hq8%2Bgpu6egA%2Em4v

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

Ragris
01-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Just a note to the lower level queues for specific dungeons. The reason people were asking for this change was because they were complaining about being unable to queue for Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides at level 85 to learn the normal version of the dungeon before stepping into heroic.

Bung
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
You guys get more hilarious every week. I would love to see a 4th box used such as a guest who works for blizz or is from one of the higher end raiding guilds being interviewed. ROCK ON!

Bung

Muffin Man
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I hoped on mmo-champion to see the Hunter nerf Mike was talking about, and instead I found a new update to the patch notes complete with the nerfs to Unholy dps.

Although I was going to point out that the original patch notes already had the death of dual wield unholy (no more DC spamming) which was the spec with the highest dps, so they were already sorta nerfed. Now they're nerfed for real.

I wonder if the Unholy PvP buff was an overreaction to DK kitability issues in general. Not that DK's have trouble reaching other classes with DG and Chains, it's just a weird feeling to have both players moving like molassas...

But ya DKs are OP, during Winter Veil, I did http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=252 in a single WSG. I was lvl 81.

Cindorella
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I do have to agree with Bung on that one. That would have been awesome, atleast for some weeks :)

Anyways, since i am a fellow Disc priest i must say, i am at this moment getting spanked in PvP. I'm definetly the greatest pvp disc but still. My shield absorbs like 10-11k damage. After that, i'm more or less dead.

I'm a raider really, and i do heal at disc. That specs works actually awesome in my opinion , using my shield mainly for mana reg from the talent spec. Not happt if PoH getting nerfed tho, Since there's alot of AoE healing currently going!

// Regards Cindorella

Zylo
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I am assuming that the dungeon finder now allowing lvl 85 players to queue for any dungeon is to allow players in a guild to obtain the guild achieves for the dungeon runs. so instead of a team of 4-5 (have to have at least 4 guildies to complete the dungeon for the guild achieve) running from dungeon to dungeon they can just queue for it and complete it quickly. Having completed all the guild achieves for all the dungeons and raids from vanillia to wrath this would have saved me and my group possibly hours of flight time.

Tygranther
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I think the first poster hit this on the head. Blizz did this to make us able to queue for BRC and Throne at 85.

Pwnanapuddin
01-12-2011, 11:48 PM
As a DK, being kited by people with good slow is probably one of the worst effects. Really this will allow us to be very competitive with frost mages and their freeze and blink and ice lance dance of doom. But it also helps a lot considering every hunter in pvp is launching frost traps all over the place, also giving us a way to close the distance and keep the push going where most classes will be in a dead stop.

Frost, the spec I roll as, is also getting the ability to root with our chains of ice when specing into chillblains. Allowing us to finally deliver those Obliterates that people so often manage to get away from because of our GCD locks. Slow with Howling Blast and root with Chains will make frost much more fun, especially when for pvp you need to glyph for pillar to keep yourself active. This turns you into a melee turret that can death grip someone to their doom.

kennethjeu
01-13-2011, 02:44 AM
If Blizz did this for the 2 instances u say, why dont they just add those 2 dungeons too the list instead of ALL the dungeons in the game? I think its more for the achievements, but im in with Lore: Guilds have to work for those, not just queue in the dungeon finder!!

Great show guys! Keep up the good work!!!

Azarouss
01-13-2011, 04:11 AM
I would love to see a 4th box used such as a guest who works for blizz or is from one of the higher end raiding guilds being interviewed. ROCK ON!

Bung

I like this idea, it will be great to have someone from Blizz with you guys....

avh
01-13-2011, 05:01 AM
They might have added the lower level dungeons to the finder because of the World events achievements where you have to go and find all the Elders etc from low level dungeons and all class and spec combinations might not be able to solo the level 80 ones.

Illidra
01-13-2011, 06:16 AM
I am going to enjoy munching frost mages VERY VERY much

Rennadrel
01-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Unholy is essentially getting nerfed damage wise though so no matter how many tears people cry over their PvP buffs, they wound up being needed. Frost DK's get nothing which is unfortunate because Frost needs buffs in both raid and PvP environments. The 5% strength loss to Unholy is severely going to reduce the damage of DK pets but the Mastery change buffs damage of weapon attacks in the process which was needed, I think the intention was to make DPS as Unholy less reliant on the pet then it is right now, which if your pet dies on encounters like Maloriak where you have to heal it, you are screwed on DPS till you can summon your pet again.

And how quickly Lore forgets how overpowered Retribution was for a while, and actually competitive in arena. You get a new bubble soon as Ret, which will be effective in PvP and raids, can't see how that is a problem. Ret will still be bottom of the pile for DPS though cause every class is getting buffs aside from Huntards, Warriors and Unholy DK's.

Draelian
01-13-2011, 09:51 AM
I would say the reason for the buffs for racial changes was not just because money, but horde having overwhelming better racials then alliance until now. The alliance had only gift of the naaru, shadowmeld, every man for himself and stoneform. Other then that it seemed that the horde racials were far better boosting attack power/spell power, their own every man for himself, haste boosts, and even more that seemed to be far better then the alliance racials. With this buff to alliance I believe they are trying to equalize racials on each side to where horde don't have necessarily the best racials

Muffin Man
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Unholy is essentially getting nerfed damage wise though so no matter how many tears people cry over their PvP buffs, they wound up being needed. Frost DK's get nothing which is unfortunate because Frost needs buffs in both raid and PvP environments. The 5% strength loss to Unholy is severely going to reduce the damage of DK pets but the Mastery change buffs damage of weapon attacks in the process which was needed, I think the intention was to make DPS as Unholy less reliant on the pet then it is right now, which if your pet dies on encounters like Maloriak where you have to heal it, you are screwed on DPS till you can summon your pet again.

Being unsnarable was needed? I stand by my statement it's an overreaction to the one weakness DK's had, which they could get around with their other abilities. Not to mention AMS nullifies a good portion of the snare effects provided you see it coming.

Unholy in PvP damage wise will be interesting though. The new mastery has the potential to really up burst damage from what they were capable of before.

And making the spec less reliant on the pet is really a PvE buff for the reasons you mentioned, in PvP it's probably a wash. On one hand DeathPact is 'cheaper' to use, but on the other hand it was nice knowing that even if they got away from you, the pet would still do decent damage.

I don't play Frost, but they did get a chains buff, and all specs get the new Death Strike glyph which is going to be a pretty big PvP buff.

RE: DF I always thought it was a bug that Throne and BRC disappeared when you hit 85, since all Wrath dungeons showed up in DF when you hit 80. I guess this is one way to fix it...

Edit: The Runic Focus/Virulence change works out to be a wash for Unholy DKs (with the mastery change) but it does turn out to be a noticeable buff for Frost and Blood in PvE anyways. Not sure about PvP, but it won't hurt by any means.

Knighterrant81
01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
You guys opened this one up first :P

Alliance racials for PVP have been pretty behind the Horde racials for quite awhile. An AE stun? A fear break? An AE silence?

I'm sure we could go back and forth on this, but I think your Horde bias is coming out a little on this.

Since Vanilla, the Horde has been seen by the community, either rightly or wrongly, as the "PVP" faction, where you want to go if you want to win BGs.

In BC, the racials became important in arena, and you heard A LOT more people going to Horde side than vice versa, specifically because of racials (WOTF and RMP, mostly). I think there's some truth to the fact that Blizz is using racials to bring more top folks back to the Alliance side. However, I don't think they brought in overpowered racials, they are just buffing them up to Horde levels.

redraven937
01-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Ret will still be bottom of the pile for DPS though cause every class is getting buffs aside from Huntards, Warriors and Unholy DK's.
Err... you've done testing with Ret's new mastery already?

AMCope
01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Are they mad because Alliance is getting some actually decent racials? Its no secret that the Horde have the best racials.

Uranos7
01-25-2011, 06:17 AM
I just watched this one for the 3rd time!
Definately your best ever = keep up the good work.