PDA

View Full Version : DPS DPS benchmark for lvl85s

swollenpickles
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some benchmark figures for DPS you'd expect from different classes/specs given ideal conditions in ilvl346 gear at lvl85?

Kazeyonoma
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
i'd say just about any dps in a 10 man raid should be able to pull 9-9.5k dps and be minimum, some classes will shoot way above that, so on average i'd say a 12k dps for most classes is okay, some will be around 9k, others as high as 20k

Errvalunia
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Go take on Argaloth and you'll know who isn't pulling their weight in DPS pretty quick. You have to be kind of dumb to wipe for anything but the enrage (because the mechanics are "stand on your tank" and "run around staying out of fire for 15 seconds") but if you have someone who isn't pulling their weight, he will Beserk and you will all die. Good place for a trial run if you want to test people's DPS and most basic "don't die in fire" abilities.

Noima
01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
A lot of the current encounters require a ton of movement, but if your raid is holding up around 10k+ (can be done with less, but much less and your DPS get to slack off at the expense of your tanks and healers) for even those fights then you will not have a problem with enrage timers etc in normal modes at least.

Fetzie
01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
less than 10k dps is just plain slacking in my opinion (except maybe for retri paladins :P ), heck my rogue dressed in half 333's does 14k on argaloth.

Galad
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Almost every single encounter in cataclysm so far favors certain dps classes over other. Perhaps only barring Argaloth.
What i would do is combine doing argaloth and noting down the dps, with comparing up against your recounts from each encounter with the lists at http://www.stateofdps.com/

While the numbers listed at stateofdps is taken off of people in high end gear, the rankings themselves should be reasonably stable. If for instance your survival hunter isent beating the fury warrior or even worse, the mages, when they are in similar gear, chances are that hunter can do something to improve his dps. Its a nice way to check which dps speccs are doing well and which are kind of struggeling.

Kazeyonoma
01-12-2011, 10:54 AM
even argaloth isn't 100% favorable to melee classes because while it is a very stand and deliver fight, half your fight is constantly going to be in front of the boss meaning parries that would otherwise not be there, are there, and for say arms warriors, getting your colossus smash parried, or your MS parried would absolutely destroy your damage output.

swollenpickles
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Almost every single encounter in cataclysm so far favors certain dps classes over other. Perhaps only barring Argaloth.
What i would do is combine doing argaloth and noting down the dps, with comparing up against your recounts from each encounter with the lists at http://www.stateofdps.com/

While the numbers listed at stateofdps is taken off of people in high end gear, the rankings themselves should be reasonably stable. If for instance your survival hunter isent beating the fury warrior or even worse, the mages, when they are in similar gear, chances are that hunter can do something to improve his dps. Its a nice way to check which dps speccs are doing well and which are kind of struggeling.

That's what I was after! Awesome thank you.
http://www.stateofdps.com/charts.php

Galad
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
That is true, being in front of a boss as a melee is going to affect it. I probably wasent being as clear as i could have been.
What i mean is that Argoloth is the one encounter where all raids are going to be the most similar. the tactics wont change from guild to guild, There are no adds that sometimes ranged can handle and sometimes melee need to help with, no random-target-debuffs as far as im aware, and so on and so forth. So its a good encounter to use to compare your raids dps up against all the other raids, to find out how your dps perform compared to how they should be performing.

Of course some classes may have abilities where some unlucky parries will affect their dps more than others. Collossus Smash being possibly the best explample.

Comparing a large amount of parses, like from stateofdps, with the average from 2-3 of your own raids is going to be closest to what he was after we can get though i belive.