PDA

View Full Version : Healing Holy Priest healing numbers?

gailvin
01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Hello.

I've had a holy priest since BC and have always done pretty well on healing, usually always have people that wanted me to heal so it's not like I've just started and don't know what to do.

My toon is @325 gear, I have almost everything gemmed and enchanted in one form or another and am currently running reg HoO and Lost city for rep for the "good stuff". I've done tons of research on healing, read post from many different web sites on how to do it right and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing again.

The problem I seem to be having though is my healing numbers seem so low compared to the tanks I'm healing. I use heal for the most part, except when things get dicey then it's greater heal or flash for a sudden pick me up. My heal seems to only hit for about 6-8k average with the odd crit of 10-14, great heal seems to be about 15-20k. When healing a tank that has 120k+ health it seems that my numbers are so low it takes a ton of heals to get him back up, or the mana wasting flash and great heal.

Is anyone else having a problem with this and what number are you seeing? (be realistic now)

sp-4706
haste-5.45%
crit-6.79
int-3114
spirit-2372
mast-13.84

Thank you.

Sebadoh
01-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Only point of contention is that you seem to equate GHeal and FHeal - GH is fairly mana efficient (about on par with Heal, just much bigger - if it's not going to overheal, use it) whereas FH has a very prohibitive mana cost and should only be used for absolute emergencies.

Focus first and foremost on your mana. Intellect first and foremost, followed closely by Spirit (right now Spirit is better for pure regen, but most value Intellect over it because of the big throughput increase as well). Haste and Mastery are both good - Crit is very weak (all you really get is Inspiration procs and an unreliable throughput increase).

Your in-combat mana regen looks pretty good for your gear level. May I ask how big your mana pool is? Because that's the other half of the equation.

Oh and if you haven't already, toss on your Hyjal tabard because it has a cloak at Honored, helm enchant at Revered, and supersexy belt at Exalted. Basically it's the only rep you need (well, that and Therazane).

gailvin
01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Thank you for your reply.

Here is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/echo-isles/emkay/simple

I'm almost exalted with Hyjal so that'll be my first huge upgrade. I also need to run Grim and get a few items.

Calintara
01-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Just for grins you may want to use a WoL for heroics/dungeons/raids and track your Chakra usage. I have been reviewing some folks on our heal team and that is one area that some priests are falling down in an putting themselves under the curve.

Sebadoh
01-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Guardian Spirit is absolutely, 100% unskippable. Body and Soul is also a 2/2 or go home talent (and given our very lackluster alternatives, you should go 2/2 in it). I'd take the point from Imp PW:S to grab GS, and then either Spirit of Redemption or Rapid Renewal (probably the latter) to fill out B&S.

I'd also try to free up a few points for Mental Agility since you're just starting out, but that's more optional.

You should also try glyphing for Lightwell or Guardian Spirit instead of Flash Heal. Both are more tailored towards raids, but at least they're useful. The current incarnation of Flash Heal glyph was weak back at 80 when we actually used the spell, and now is even worse.

Other than that, just a few tweaks to your gearing. Spirit or haste to bracers are both acceptable (of course spirit because you're a fresh 85), whereas crit is our weakest stat. Any item that does not have spirit should be a) replaced ASAP, and b) reforged to have spirit in the meantime.

There are two quest lines you should work on - one is the Therazane quest line that encompasses the entire damn zone (grrrr!), and the other would be the Harrison Jones quest line in Uldum which rewards Talisman of Sinister Order (http://www.wowhead.com/item=65804), which in my opinion is significantly better than Sea Star (http://www.wowhead.com/item=55256). I used the Talisman until I got my Darkmoon Card, lol.

gailvin
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Well I made a few changes you recommended and got the Tailsman, we'll have to see how well it works now.

Thank you for your help.

Mačl
01-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I took FH completely off keybind for a couple of weeks to break the habit.