PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 11

Lore
01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Y3kWfrQQlXU

Questions answered this week:

What can I do to avoid burning out?
How do I keep players from leaving when progression starts to slow down?
Which bosses should we attempt to kill first?
and more!

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/devolore) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/devolore)!

Sarcasmo
01-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Anyone else think the unicorn is about to pounce on Lore?

Bashyou
01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
"We need this thing to stand in front of this other thing so he doesn't put his thing in everybody else's thing"
Best quote ever!

faralia
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey! You actually pronounced my name right (on the last attempt)! Congratulations! +1 internets for you.

Jestyr
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
mr banana - whats the email to send non PST related stuff to

daedalus_au
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
"We need this thing to stand in front of this other thing so he doesn't put his thing in everybody else's thing"
Best quote ever!

How many times did he say 'thing' this episode?

Secretofthedark
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Definitely an episode of "Thingness"!

Also... go on Lore- be a grammar nazi, you know you want to ;)

Bashyou
01-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Definitely an episode of "Thingness"!

Also... go on Lore- be a grammar nazi, you know you want to ;)

Did he not say ASAPness or whatever?

Bashyou
01-09-2011, 12:52 AM
ASAPily is what it was.

Atalex
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
It would be SO adorable if the unicorn pounced him.

Cindorella
01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I like the cat.

Devildog
01-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Lore,
I'm an active duty Marine and I've been playing WoW since 3 days after Vanilla release. It's hard for military deploying to stay in the mix for raiding but with Valor and Justice points it is WAY easier now then back in Vanilla and BC. You were right in telling him to cap out his Valor and Justice points but I would suggest capping out Honor points as well. While the BG gear isn't "Raiding" gear if you are coming back from a deployment that gear is a good filler till you can get better stuff.

Denekawa
01-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I think the game as a whole has become more forgiving of people taking breaks from it. Some would call it *dumbing down*, but now more than ever you can come and go and still be like you never missed a beat. Back in Vanilla or even early TBC if you didn't keep up with the Jones', you were left out for pretty much the entire expansion.

I rerolled a Worgen for this expansion and hit 85 in less than a month. For the most part, half of the raiding guilds are only still getting their feet wet so even though they may have a few epics, they aren't so far ahead that you can't catch them.

The game stagnates every so often to allow people to catch up. New content isn't doled out based on when the first guild clears the place, it's doled out when a fair portion of the raiding community has done so or close to it. So like in Amazing Race, every time you hit a point in the game where you need to take a flight from one destination to another, everyone is at the same airport at the same time. Your speed at which you accomplished things may be different, but you ultimately accomplish the same things.

People often panic and think they are missing out on the raiding game... but so many people leave it that there is always a vacancy at the inn.

Lanson
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Your dog is very cute, I can see it in the reflection of your posters glass cover pacing the room.