PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need help on warrior tanking stats, please!

Kreldin
01-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I've been tanking for 5 years on this warrior but I never got into theorycrafting. I always end up asking others for help on what I should go for stat-wise.

Just started raiding and my threat is all good, but I'm having trouble with survivability. So my question is this: should I sacrifice hit/expertise for survival stats? Should I reforge hit/expertise into mastery/parry/dodge?

From what I read mastery seems favorable over parry and dodge, with parry second. Am I right about this?

Thanks.

klausi
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Ishould I sacrifice hit/expertise for survival stats? Should I reforge hit/expertise into mastery/parry/dodge?
Yes, absolutley. After the initial hassle aggro shouldn't be a problem thanks to vengeance.

From what I read mastery seems favorable over parry and dodge, with parry second. Am I right about this?
Mastery is favorable. Keep dodge and parry close together (rating wise) due to diminishing returns.

kungfugrip
01-08-2011, 06:04 AM
i'm not sure if this is correct but what i do for my warrior is this:

Gem/chant for stamina

Reforge all dodge rating into mastery rating

I pretty much don't have a problem after that. I don't worry about hit or anything else it comes naturally from the gear

i have never had any complaints from dps from being hard to heal and i dont have any aggro problems unless a mage or someone is unloading on completely not my target

for the stats you are correct it is mastery > parry > dodge because parry procs Hold the Line (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84621) and also Parrying is doing damage back to the mob each time as opposed to dodging which is just avoiding the attack

Mačl
01-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Survivability doesn't start or end with gear in this expansion. You need to actively use Spell Reflect, stun and disarms(not to mention moving out of stuff) to make your healer's job easier.
I haven't gemmed or enchanted for stam except when there were no alternatives. I haven't reforged any avoid stats away. But what I have done is sacrifice some hit for mastery.
I also religiously insist on CC, proper kill orders and use all my survival CDs even on trash. I have also found that I use Shockwave for the stun on trash instead of threat. It buys your healer time. You will spend a lot of time sitting at sub 75% HP and have to be constantly on your toes in case your healer gets smashed against pillars, is used as aclub by a boss, is strangled, stunned, silenced or being followed by zounds of untankable trash. Gear alone won't help you.

As for stats: keep parry and dodge close, mastery is a nice stat(40% block is a good value to go for and easily attainable), don't sweat +hit for the moment and don't go out of your way to get expertise. Gem according to this advice and make sure you get the bonusses. 20 dodge rating as a bonus is nothing to sneeze at.

Timberton
01-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Looky here for a starting point

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filter=qu=3:4;ty=4:-3:-6:-2:-4:6;minle=333;maxle=346;ub=1;cr=23:21:103:96:79;cr s=3:3:3:3:3;crv=0:0:0:0:0;gm=4;rf=1;wt=170:46:45:2 1:20:41:109;wtv=100:88:88:36:22:18:16;gb=1