PDA

View Full Version : BFF Report - DC Universe Online

fony
01-06-2011, 08:49 AM
hMZwgpnXPwA%2Em4v

/sssssssiiiiiggggghhhhhh

Click here for more episodes of the BFF Report! (http://www.zam.com/bffreport)
Follow Zam (http://twitter.com/zamofficial) and me (http://twitter.com/akamikeb) on Twitter!

Krenian
01-06-2011, 10:00 AM
That is disappointing. This was one of the few MMOs that i was looking forward to. =/

Bashyou
01-06-2011, 12:33 PM
You know i was looking forward to this to, but i am not paying for a game with this many issues. Not even going to try. Maybe when they fix there shit. Also, i watched twimmo and they talked about if this was a true mmo. They all agreed that they felt no need to party up and interact with other players. So.....no. Once again, thank you Mike B.

Byzrk
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Why does it seem like every promising MMO that is being released is broken from the start? I know it has been a big trend since MMO's have been around but can anyone get it right and compete with Blizzard at this point? Let's hope Sony fixes these issues because I was greatly looking forward to playing in the DC Universe.

Zarekk
01-06-2011, 01:11 PM
So can we still participate in the open beta Mike? If so, where do I go about starting that process?

Kazeyonoma
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Why does it seem like every promising MMO that is being released is broken from the start? I know it has been a big trend since MMO's have been around but can anyone get it right and compete with Blizzard at this point? Let's hope Sony fixes these issues because I was greatly looking forward to playing in the DC Universe.

the problem is that when blizzard released wow, there was only a handful of big mmo's and none of which were as popular as wow is now. wow has become the new standard, so releasing with such a high bar set is very difficult, a lot of companies though will pour millions of dollars into development, and not get anywhere near as WoW (largely due to years of live testing and fixing that WoW got to do that these new games don't) but as the budget starts to get low and their deadline approaches, they are forced by their companies to release probably earlier than they would like because the realistic timeline would be too far out to actually work from a financial standpoint.

fony
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
So can we still participate in the open beta Mike? If so, where do I go about starting that process?
Nah, beta is closed.

Rennadrel
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Superman looks like he was injected with steroids and overdosed on HGH.

Bung
01-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Where is the harry potter quiddich playing MMO? just a thought. Mike B you make my week. keep rockin

Captaincrab
01-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Forwarding your ports on a router is something everyone should look into... but I def agree that a game that requires you to do so to even jump in the game is off to a rocky start.

Worth noting, properly forwarding your ports for any MMO will usually drop your latency by a good 100ms. Games should come out with easy (like 2-3 clicks easy) ways to properly forward your ports though =(.

feralminded
01-07-2011, 07:03 AM
So it's City of Heroes with gear? I mean the graphics style is basically the same and the action looks similar. Hell the abilities are all the same too. Weird that they would be so blatantly derivative.

Freese
01-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I received a beta key in October of last year and was not impressed with the game. The combat was great, but the quests, voice acting, and PvP were awful. Moreover, there was not a friends list or a way for you to invite people to your party. You also couldn't abandon low level quests. I'm not sure if any of these issues have been fixed, but they made the beta not fun.

Durenas
01-09-2011, 07:07 AM
The quests were decent, pretty standard fare, and pretty much the kind of thing you get in WoW, actually. The combat was more action oriented beat em up with right click left click mouse combinations to chain up some pretty cool moves. Not for me, but it will probably appeal to younger players. The voice acting in the beta was partially placeholders. Remember that a lot of the voice acting is done by actors from the actual shows and cartoon movies. So it's not bad.
I personally couldn't stay interested as WoW consumes all my attention and I'm not dead on wow just yet. But it's definitely a contender.

Bashyou
01-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Mike B I would really like a BFF report on the Star wars clone wars adventure game. Well, basically, I just want to hear you rip apart there membership. I played it. I mean, its "free to play" and its a Star Wars game. But you gotta check out how much of it you can actually get to, and how much you have to pay to get.