PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior Tank :: Mastery, what to aim for when at 75% Soft cap?

Pyorrhea
01-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi everyone,

Firstly I apologize for a repost of something that has been discussed before. If anyone can just point me into the right direction on Mastery for Warrior tanks then it will be great .i.e, previous post.

Currently I have no problem with taking to much damage, most of my damage is currently Mitigated when I have Shield Block up, with potions my change to avoid/parry/block goes to 100%. I have asked quite a few healers when doing HC's and they have confirmed that they are quite happy with healing me due to me taking constant reduced hits.

I know that the Survivability prioritization is currently STA > Mastery > Parry > Dodge. With diminishing returns Mastery is currently prio to stack after STA, however I feel that with my current level of Mastery that incoming damage is not as much, therefor STA stacking is not needed. (This is my own personal opinion for my Char which is currently working for me).

My Current Stat weights :
-------------------------------------
* Armour

* Dodge
10.28%

* Parry
14.50%

* Block
48.50%

(Without trinket and talent procs)

Armory Link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/mazrigos/atamosk/advanced

Question 1 :
----------------

After reaching the 75% soft cap for Mitigation/Avoidance, is it advisable to keep stacking Mastery?

At this time, I am very comfortable with my 'Defensive' stats and I am trying to get to Exp > Hit caps in this order.

Question 2 :
------------------

Does anyone know of a addon to parse Combat logs of proccing talents?

I would like to see how often 'Hold the line' procs with 1 point and 2 points, and generally see how much damage I Mitigate/avoid.

That is about all I would like to ask at this point in time, thanks for a great helpful and informative forum.

P.S Kaz sorry for the repost I remember you talked about this on someone else's post.

klausi
01-06-2011, 03:40 AM
At this time, I am very comfortable with my 'Defensive' stats and I am trying to get to Exp > Hit caps in this order.

You still want to increase your mastery, aim for 60% block - 70% block etc on the long run (raids). Those magical 75% marker only helps you 1/3 of the time, it's your goal to reach unhittable by default. For heroics you can simply throw in a dps piece with hit/expertise here and there if you feel uncomfortable with your recent situation.

however I feel that with my current level of Mastery that incoming damage is not as much
It's because you already outgear those instances by ~ 10 ilvl.

Proccs can be watched in WWS, eg hold the line (2/2) has roughly 50% uptime for me on a fight with constant melee pressure like Omnitron Council or Valiona & Theralion.

Pyorrhea
01-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Great reply thanks.

I will be installing that addon later. Once the VP and raid gear start to drop I think I will be able to manage the 60%-75% block rating.

klausi
01-06-2011, 05:54 AM
If you want to keep the 4 piece bonus (18s shieldwall) you won't reach 60% blocking with full ilvl 359 gear, even access to all epics up to ilvl 379 reaching 65% blocking seems only possible while continue to wear 359 trinkets/cloak (one requires alchemy profession) and having rng luck with those drops from Conclave and Al'Akir.