PDA

View Full Version : DPS What to play?

Twilife
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering whether or not i should continue to play a shaman or start a death knight?

I primarily want to dps but might want to tank later on (not that important) I want to play the class that does the most damage.

So what do you think?

Sebadoh
01-06-2011, 01:29 AM
We can't possibly answer this question for you. Try them both out and see what you like.

I will say that "I want the class that does the most damage" is not really feasible, constantly having to reroll every time a class/spec gets nerfed or buffed would kill your free time. Focus on what you enjoy and do your best with it!

Shiffed
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Agree, the decision of what hero to pick shouldnt be based on dmg but rather on what you prefer playing, each hero can contribute with something positive if that hero isnt doing insane damage, say per example shamans heroism is a key factor in raids. I can even recall my old guild bringing in a shaman that was way worse then a mage just to have the heroism, your class might bring key buffs or other details that are imporant. You should look at what you enjoy playing, DPS? Healer? Tank? Do I prefer melee classes or range etc. Anyways good luck with your decision making :)!

Selene
01-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Agree, the decision of what hero to pick shouldnt be based on dmg but rather on what you prefer playing, each hero can contribute with something positive if that hero isnt doing insane damage, say per example shamans heroism is a key factor in raids. I can even recall my old guild bringing in a shaman that was way worse then a mage just to have the heroism, your class might bring key buffs or other details that are imporant. You should look at what you enjoy playing, DPS? Healer? Tank? Do I prefer melee classes or range etc. Anyways good luck with your decision making :)!

QFT

If you pick a character just because it is the "best" at what it does, be prepared to have it nerfed eventually.

Bung
01-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Do you raid? Shamans are always in demand, learn to heal imo.

Twilife
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Nah i cant stand healing. I think ill try a death knight tank and see how it is, what class takes more skill? An enhancement Shaman or Blood Tank DK?

klausi
01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
"Skill"? You can save your raid with either of them, having an enhancer spamming smart maelstroemed heals on low people while keeping healing rain on cooldown is a huge help for your stressed healers (and demanded by many 10 mans actually, so at least still some sort of healer) while a stable and reliable tank of any class is always a huge help.