PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Episode 11 - Borked

Lore
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
hq8%2BgpnTKwA%2Em4v

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

Kazeyonoma
01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
what the freak, i got the razer naga for my xmas present too. ha!

Bitur
01-06-2011, 01:26 AM
So, what happened after the show?

Hollymoly
01-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Love the show but it's way our of my timezone (Europe)... what happened?

Shosanna
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I fell asleep before the episode ended(oops), what happened in the after show?

Methedras
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Ensemble Studios (at that time part of Microsoft) was working on an MMO from 2004 to 2007 when it was cancelled. The interesting fact is that Ensemble's MMO had the code-name Titan as well. So, we just had a hint of Blizzard working on an MMO with the code-name Titan, when several years ago another studio was working on a similar project with the same name...

Davih
01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Also, to keep people up to date for those who care. Method are now second in 25 man progression who are also 8/12 which has moved stars down to third
10 man has also changed, Paragon have took first with 8/12.

Alrinea
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
just a heads up: "Irae Aod" is a german guild that used to be on Azshara, but moved to a different server due to lag some time ago. they were pretty up there in classic, getting world 1st or close to on Princess Huhuran.

Woozy
01-07-2011, 05:19 AM
I can recall a news article, from some months back, regarding Blizzards involvement with the next gen Xbox. I found it odd at the time, but now it makes sense. Regardless, Bungie does not "own" Halo, the copyrights are still held by Microsoft and 343 Industries, so even though the MMO Ensemble Studios was working on was cancelled, Microsoft and 343 Industries could still put something out and I am not entirely sure that they aren't. I thought I saw something the other day on something about the Blizzard NextGen MMO, but I can't recall entirely what I heard. I'll look into it.

redraven937
01-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Not sure whether the cast members would even be reading these, but re: Heroic difficulty, uhh... you answered your own snark. The people complaining are the people using the LFD tool, which even Lore admitted the few he did end up going into resulted in pain and failure. That is exactly what people are talking about. Blizzard had said before they wanted to bring the LFD to raiding, but based on how these heroics turned out, can you even imagine something more pointless? Even the in-game voice chat begins sounding like a good idea in comparison.

What Blizzard - and the three of you - fail to understand is that heroics aren't a stepping stone to most players. Heroics are either endgame, or they are time-sinks. Lore gets enjoyment from blind-pull progression. Fantastic. Once he has done these heroics at least once a day, every day, presumably the enjoyment goes away. The cost of his enjoyment of progression (which still exists in raiding anyway) is that now, for everyone else whom heroics act as time-sinks, they must endure under the cloud of random failure for the rest of the expansion. DPS failed to interrupt that 2 second cast? Wipe. Ozruk spin around due to a wonky hit box? Wipe. Trigger-happy DPS interrupt too soon on Ashbury? Wipe. This sort of thing is "challenging" in the sense that Russian Roulette is challenging. Pull pro-players from the queue? Great, success. Pull people who have no idea what they're doing? Failure.

Run with guildies/friends? Umm... if there were 3-4 guildie/friends on when you were ready to start a heroic then you wouldn't be using LFD in the first place. That is the entire point: these heroics are too hard for the LFD tool. Rolling with 50% of your raiding team? They're fine. Chances are that your raiding team already knows WTF to do in a raid however, and in that sense these heroics fail to "teach" you anything of value. Wrath heroics didn't teach you anything either, but at least they didn't consume a feature-length film chunk of your life when you just wanted some Frost badges.

Karih
01-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Wrath heroics didn't teach you anything either, but at least they didn't consume a feature-length film chunk of your life when you just wanted some Frost badges.

You should not be comparing Wrath heroics when they started giving Frost badges to Heroics right now. At the begining of Wrath heroics could be just as much difficult as they are now...but a year of easy mode massively over geared heroics means folks have forgotten this.

redraven937
01-10-2011, 01:35 AM
You should not be comparing Wrath heroics when they started giving Frost badges to Heroics right now. At the begining of Wrath heroics could be just as much difficult as they are now...but a year of easy mode massively over geared heroics means folks have forgotten this.
I was there at the beginning of Wrath. No heroic took 2+ hours unless you were endlessly wiping to a boss. Maybe heroic Nexus or Old Kingdom came close, but I don't ever remember anyone talk about how long an instance was, even at launch.

Karih
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Honestly the current heroics aren't that much harder if everyone knows their role. The problem is that in Wrath, Blizzard took the game in the wrong direction and it became to easy to be DPS. All you had to do as DPS in Wrath (especially in heroics) was try for the biggest number you could make. Anything else even a mostly competent Tank/Healer combo could carry you through.

If you have a average geared players that actually play to their role (ie CCing, staying out of the stuff they should) these heroics really aren't that hard. If however with this same group you attempt to AoE it down and don't bother to learn how to deal with the bosses, all your going to do is chain wipe. As a counter point to the difficultly, I surely don't remember seeing people pull off the 5 Man Glory achieve as quickly I saw with this expansion.

I don't see why it's such a problem that Blizzard has taken the game design back towards expecting more out of ALL members of the group. I certainly don't think it's fair that the vast majority of the success of a 5 man came down to the Tank/Healer pair in Wrath. We should share equally in responsibility and the Cata model achieves that. Also, challenge is good, if you make the game to easy we'd have large numbers in here complaining it was boring.

Muffin Man
01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I was there at the beginning of Wrath. No heroic took 2+ hours unless you were endlessly wiping to a boss. Maybe heroic Nexus or Old Kingdom came close, but I don't ever remember anyone talk about how long an instance was, even at launch.

Old Kingdom was really hard because most people couldn't handle Insanity early on and of course dps checks on the vampire boss and sacrificed adept. But from my experience real killers were UP's gauntlet which early on healers actually went OOM at if dps was low or you didn't have a good spotter for the ice breath. Also Gundrak... Gundrak was horrible since you actually had to handle the snake adds at launch and Galdarah could easily one-shot most clothies.

Low dps was also a problem with Violet Hold with timed spawns Not to mention Tribunal of Ages and Loken being trivialized with high dps and strong aoe heals which just didn't exist on launch.

The rest just required a little patience though and none of them required planning for the pulls beyond marking a skull (ie, no cc, I think the only thing that required interrupts was Shadow Blast in OK, then later Mind Control in ToC but that was well after launch).

Occulus wasn't hard, just annoying so while it could easily take 2+ hours with a horrible group I don't think it counts.

Didi
01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
There is no US vs Europe, since europe gets it all down first!