PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Conclave of wind help

warboss
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello,
Im sorry if this is not the appropriate subforum, I wasnt sure,
I was having a hard time finding a good answer to a couple of issues we are running into when doing the 10 man conclave of wind, and would like to know what we could be doing better.

First and foremost, we usually have a healer and 1 ranged dps on the wind platform. depending on if the adds are going down fast enough. The issue we are running into is sometimes both our healer and dps are getting blown off the platform. They say they are not able to actually see the ability hit them or its very difficult and he starts it at a random direction. Is there a good method to predicting/avoiding this?

Secondly, on the other two platforms we have tank switching down pretty well. We switch at 80 energy and everyone makes it. The issue we are having is the DJINN that heals will drop a green circle down right in front of the slipstream and when we switch he sits and heals for a bit while the tanks are moving from one to the other. Is there a better way to prevent or place the circle elsewhere?

Goros
01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
We ended up putting melee dps on the platform as they can easily avoid being blown off, and stuck the ranged on the platform with the adds.
He chooses a random direction and clears 1/4 of the platform, and you can't run fast enough to avoid it if you're in its path, unless you are on the boss.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

warboss
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
We ended up putting melee dps on the platform as they can easily avoid being blown off, and stuck the ranged on the platform with the adds.
He chooses a random direction and clears 1/4 of the platform, and you can't run fast enough to avoid it if you're in its path, unless you are on the boss.

Thats an interesting strat. The tornado's didnt cause issues for melee?

Goros
01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Nope, you can stand almost inside the boss, avoiding all tornados. Don't stand all the way inside cuz he can blow you off from under his butt from any direction. Also, tornados are stupid easy to dodge.
Having ranged kite the adds (fire mage instacast aoe snare fire dot) is a huge help also.