PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Progression tank advice

select20
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
a little background:

I tanked all of wrath with my DK. He was my main however i had a lvl80 pally and druid I would tank with on occasion also. For this expac I didn't really want to continue with my DK so I lvl'd my druid to 85 first and started tanking. I haven't tanked on him since the 4.0 changes. I've been tanking heroics for the past few weeks hoping that I would start liking the tanking style but I haven't, which has disapointed me.

Here's my dilema. My fellow tank in the guild is a Pally. Has been a pally for a long long time, refuses to play anything else. For our little guild, which tank would best work well with a pally? My dk? another Pally? Or should I bite the bullet and just lvl a warrior? I'm not really wanting to play my DK as my main for another expac but I'm not sure I wanna level a warrior from scratch. However I will do what I think is best to help the guild.

thanks in advance.

Mofotrey
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
You ought to play the class that you enjoy the most and work around that. If you're not enjoying the game, then what's the point?

select20
01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Not trying to be a jerk and I'm not sure if you read my post. In short I was asking which tanking class would synergize best with a Pally tank.

captanmurdoc
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
not too much difference in tank classes now my 10 man uses 2 pally tanks and it works fine (very nice for slate dragon on halfus cause the can both bubble off their first set of stacks), dk is nice for a little bit of utility, druid is good for dps when not tanking anything and warrior sunders are always good. so your better off playing whichever one you enjoy more like mofo said cause your guild will hurt more having you burn out than lets say not having a bear in raid. that being said if you dont like dk or druid tank styles too much anymore warriors can be alot of fun and have alot of utility in vengeance, demo shout, sunders, tc and safeguard which is basically a 12 second mini shield wall u can place on the other tank fairly frequently

select20
01-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Ok, thats more of what I was looking for. thanks much for the reply.

gacktt
01-03-2011, 12:55 AM
DKs are incredibly OP in 10man content and are the #1 melee dps for fights you are 1 tanking.